About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Destructible Objects
Driklyn Offline

Destructible Objects
How exactly do we get destructible objects to work? I generated a .destruct file for two different meshes, set them to OBJ_DESTRUCTIBLE inside WE, loaded them using the code below, but they don't work. The .destruct files don't seem to even get loaded. I figured there would be a place to set the .destruct file in Object Mode of WE, but I don't see it. What am I missing?

Code:
ObjMemx<Destructible> Destructibles;
World.setObjType(Destructibles, OBJ_DESTRUCTIBLE);
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 07:13 PM by Driklyn.)
06-05-2010 07:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: Destructible Objects
Did u set the destruct parameter in the obj file? U need to link the destruct file otherwise its not working wink

In the WE parameter -> String _ destruct _ destination destruct file.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
06-05-2010 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes, just like Dynad says, you can check the "destructible.world" it has sample object with the required parameter
06-05-2010 07:43 PM
Driklyn Offline

Thanks, that worked. I thought there would have been a Destruct field like there is for Mesh, Material, Skeleton, and Phys inside of WE, but I guess that hasn't been added yet since destruction is only in beta or something.

Now that I have destructible objects working, I have a new problem. The objects don't really break apart. They seem to want to stick together. Know how to fix that?

(06-05-2010 07:43 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  yes, just like Dynad says, you can check the "destructible.world" it has sample object with the required parameter

I see. I only looked in the tutorials folder for a destruction tutorial. Didn't know destructible.world even existed.

Found out scaling seems to be the issue. Small/medium sized objects don't seem to break apart and larger objects seem to break apart right away. Seems you have to find the perfect size. I'm sure you already know this though.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2010 08:28 PM by Driklyn.)
06-05-2010 08:01 PM
Zervox Offline

Guess thats why its called beta ^^
06-05-2010 09:02 PM
Driklyn Offline

Got that right. wink

Using a smaller number of cuts seemed to help a bit.
06-05-2010 09:09 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:Found out scaling seems to be the issue. Small/medium sized objects don't seem to break apart and larger objects seem to break apart right away. Seems you have to find the perfect size
thanks, for the next release I'll adjust actor joint creation to be dependent on actors mass
06-05-2010 10:29 PM