About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Where do you download or start World Editor?
Mastermind Offline

Where do you download or start World Editor?
I just downloaded demo of Esenthel 2.0 and I read the introduction on wiki and then started reading "importing resources" after that and both those articles talk about world editor but they don't mention how to start the world editor or where to get it.

Same thing with Model Editor, Where can I find that?
04-06-2013 06:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Where do you download or start World Editor?
They are not standalone tools but are all integrated into the same editor. It's all part of the demo you just need to explore a bit (start with the tabs at the top of the screen).
04-06-2013 08:11 AM
Mastermind Offline

This is what my editor looks like:

[Image: 2hfonqe.jpg]

I don't actually have both those menus open at the same time, I just made 2 printscreens and merged them.

Don't have any tabs at the top at least. Got a feeling that I'm not using the correct editor?
04-06-2013 08:32 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Sorry, I should have explained a bit more. It's not initially the most intuitive of interfaces but stick with it because it soon becomes second nature and you'll grow to love it .... well at least I have smile

Once you have created a new project you get the screen you've posted. You now need to add items to you project by right clicking over the left hand project panel (the one with the Esenthel engine entry) and choosing the item you need.

For example, choose New World from the list. The entry World 1 will appear and if you double click on this it will open the World Editor for you on the right hand side. All editors are tied to items like these and can be accessed in this way. Functionality is often grouped into tabbed regions at the top of the screen.

Assets (models, textures etc) can just be dragged and dropped onto the panel but you probably want to create a suitable directory structure of folders there first so you project is organised.

You just need to experiment for a while once you've got the basic idea. Hope this helps.
04-06-2013 09:14 AM
Mastermind Offline

Thanks, managed to open world editor now smile
04-06-2013 09:35 AM