About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel 1.0 outdated?
laugan Offline

RE: Esenthel 1.0 outdated?
As far as I can seee, EE 2.0 is much more easier for beginners as you don't need to think about paths, paks, resource naming etc.
But!
I can't say that I'm a beginner, and:
1. I want a lot of small ".paks" (to replace them with new ones when an update comes out, not to keep more and more subversionned files on the client).
2. I use shared files for Server and Client which are changed dynamically, I don't think i can use them in ".paks"
3. I want my own data structure for my project, with common file names (not UIDs).
4. I use shared headers for Server and Client. I didn't see any other way in EE 2.0 but duplicating files. No, it's not the way I want to do this. Shared headers need to be shared, but not duplicated.
5. I already wrote about automatical saving of all changes in EE 2.0.
(12-02-2013 03:11 PM)candam Wrote:  1- about the language I don't understand but you can install your own fonts and use them
Where? I looked for it and didn't find. By the way I can't create ".font" file in one click, separated from my projects, as I could do it before.
7. I can't open .gfx file as I could simply do before.

I can continue this list.
12-04-2013 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1-2. You should use Uploader tool, and Patcher class for updates.
When wishing to publish project for uploading using Uploader tool, double click application, to open properties and select option that does not generate pak's but separate files
3. You get your own data structure by the project elements tree (elements in the project, organized as a tree)
4. Create "Library" element which will make all of its Code elements to be shared across all Applications, or use Visual Studio if you prefer that.
6. EE 2.0 Editor is provided only in English language
7. In EE 2.0 you drag and drop resources to the project region, the Editor imports and manages them automatically for you, please see the video from my previous post.

For everything you're having issues with, there is a solution, and it is better than in 1.0.
12-04-2013 09:14 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-04-2013 06:41 AM)Fex Wrote:  Anyone else having trouble compiling with the final update? In the "Play" menu only "Clean" does anything, I also get no output in the "Build Result" window.
Thanks, indeed it looks like there's some issue, I'll try to fix that tomorrow.
12-04-2013 09:17 AM
laugan Offline

(12-04-2013 09:14 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  1-2. You should use Uploader tool, and Patcher class for updates.
When wishing to publish project for uploading using Uploader tool, double click application, to open properties and select option that does not generate pak's but separate files
3. You get your own data structure by the project elements tree (elements in the project, organized as a tree)
4. Create "Library" element which will make all of its Code elements to be shared across all Applications, or use Visual Studio if you prefer that.
6. EE 2.0 Editor is provided only in English language
7. In EE 2.0 you drag and drop resources to the project region, the Editor imports and manages them automatically for you, please see the video from my previous post.

For everything you're having issues with, there is a solution, and it is better than in 1.0.

1, 2, 3, 4, 7 - I will check it, thanks!
6 - I really don't care if Editor is in english (it's OK), BUT wheen i write comments, i can't fully use russian cause it shows "?" at least at one letter, "Ё", compiling status from VS is fully shown in "?". Here is a screenshot.
[Image: 4944133.png]

Greg it is not argufy, I will really move to EE 2.0 if it's more useful, it just doesn't have that amount of manuals that can help me make my choice and find all the answers to my questions.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 10:54 AM by laugan.)
12-04-2013 10:50 AM
SamNainocard Offline

Thanks for that last update, so I can update those outdated code before purchase the license and move to 2.0, but then again it have to be after new year, my saving is almost reached 199$ pfft
12-04-2013 11:08 AM
laugan Offline

And Greg, one more thing. I already asked (long ago) a question how can i use Oracle as database. I have a header named "otlv4.h" and i want to use it. But the problem is that i need to make one "#define" before using this header, otherwise it dowsn't work. How can i make such "#defines" before custom headers included?

EDIT: OK hint is creating one more header with needed defines and including it too (on the first place). Maybe there's a better solution? smile

EDIT2: Anyway it seems not to work properly :( Classes are not shown properly in code editor, class variables also. + app can not be compiled.

EDIT3: Ok i succeeded in compiling and running application. Had to change a lot of things (which worked earlier without change). But the problem with classes and their variables is still here.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 12:02 PM by laugan.)
12-04-2013 11:17 AM
cmontiel Offline

Thank you for last update smile.
12-04-2013 03:02 PM
candam Offline

can somebody tell me what are the updates in the latest version of esenthel 1.0
12-04-2013 03:44 PM
cmontiel Offline

@candam what you see in "version history" since may.

@Esenthel,
Mac SDK => Missing EsenthelEngine-x86.a , using old headers for example I get cache error in Template.h wich was fixed, and Tutorial project not updated for new xcode (using llvm compiler, etc..).

Android SDK => You have added EsenthelEngine-x86.a here. Eclipse Tutorial project not working, missing cpufeatures flag in Android.mk, etc..

Windows SDK => Setupapi.lib not added to VS tutorial project.

I've downloaded 2 times each .zip to be sure of this pfft. I hope I am not wrong like with shaders headers last time..

Can someone confirm?
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 11:23 PM by cmontiel.)
12-04-2013 05:54 PM
candam Offline

(12-04-2013 05:54 PM)cmontiel Wrote:  @candam what you see in "version history" since may.

@Esenthel,
Mac SDK => Missing EsenthelEngine-x86.a , using old headers for example I get cache error in Template.h wich was fixed, and Tutorial project not updated for new xcode (using llvm compiler, etc..).
Android SDK => You have added EsenthelEngine-x86.a here. Eclipse Tutorial project not working, missing cpufeatures flag in Android.mk, etc..

I've downloaded 2 times each .zip to be sure of this pfft. I hope I am not wrong like with shaders headers last time..

Can someone confirm?

Thanks I got it now Cmontiel smile
12-04-2013 08:46 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-04-2013 05:54 PM)cmontiel Wrote:  Mac SDK => Missing EsenthelEngine-x86.a , using old headers for example I get cache error in Template.h wich was fixed, and Tutorial project not updated for new xcode (using llvm compiler, etc..).
What do you mean? EsenthelEngine-x86.a is for Android SDK, that file was never part of Mac 1.0 SDK

What do you mean using "old headers"? The Mac update is available using Autoupdate only. It has new headers and tutorial project updated for llvm.

Quote:Android SDK => You have added EsenthelEngine-x86.a here. Eclipse Tutorial project not working, missing cpufeatures flag in Android.mk, etc..
Thanks I'm uploading the fixes

Quote:Windows SDK => Setupapi.lib not added to VS tutorial project.
I've updated the VS 2008 project for all configs. I haven't updated 2010 and 2012 because I've noticed they're not needed there. Which VS are you using?
This update is also available only through Autoupdate.
Please confirm if you have issues.
12-04-2013 11:57 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

(12-04-2013 11:17 AM)laugan Wrote:  EDIT3: Ok i succeeded in compiling and running application. Had to change a lot of things (which worked earlier without change). But the problem with classes and their variables is still here.
Please attach the sample project with headers+lib, and if I find the time I can check this.
12-04-2013 11:59 PM
cmontiel Offline

In android sdk , installation folder, there are 3 libraries now

EsenthelEngine-armeabi.a => Library for ARM ABI
EsenthelEngine-armeabi-v7a.a => Library for ARMV7
EsenthelEngine-x86.a => ¿x86 mac? I've always seen this file in mac 1.0 sdk, its not needed to compile/link android apps.

For win, I use VS 2010.

I will try Autoupdate tool.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2013 12:12 AM by cmontiel.)
12-05-2013 12:11 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Mac 1.0 SDK has "EsenthelEngine.a"

"EsenthelEngine-x86.a" this is not Mac, but Android based on x86 CPU's, there are some devices with this kind of CPU
12-05-2013 12:14 AM
cmontiel Offline

Ok thanks.
12-05-2013 12:22 AM