About Store Forum Documentation Contact

3rd party libraries you would like working with Esenthel.
Sarora Offline

3rd party libraries you would like working with Esenthel.
Hiya all smile

So, this is not only to gather resources/help to implementation of 3rd party library's, but also to see wich awesome library's out there i might have missed.

Suggest wich one's you might like see working within Esenthal engine (if possible ofcourse), some of your own found library's would be nice too.

I got a couple to begin with :

Awesomium

Wich is basicly a upgraded Hikari meet's internet explorer meet's 3d engine UI thing, there is assorted download links on the forum at prince of code or here (msvc9).

Aquatica

Basicly does some nice water, and its really cheap for indie's

Those are the ones ive got my eye on at the moment, anyone have any others, maybe even better 3rd party sites/libs out there ? maybe a speedtree wannabe addon ? or a even better water/river addon, or something else, or even some really awesome shaders ?

And, something affordable ofcourse smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2009 02:09 PM by Sarora.)
10-30-2009 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

RE: 3rd party librarys you would like working with Esenthel.
SPARK

SPARK is a free, opensource and crossplatform particle engine. Computation is performed on CPU side and the library is coded in C++ with the STL only.

SPARK allows an easy control of a large amount of physical entities in a 3D universe to render graphical effects (particle systems such as fire, snow, magical spells, blood, rain, smoke...) or to perform physics simulation.

Raknet

Raknet is a cross-platform C++ game networking engine. It is designed to be a high performance, easy to integrate, and complete solution for games and other applications.
10-30-2009 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarora Offline

Nice one's smile

Im trying to implement Awesomium at the moment, having a few starter issues, but never the less, not giving up smile

Spark, i like that one definiatly gonna look at that at a point.

About Raknet, im gonna be using it for my project, but i dont see how he can "implement" it into the engine in any way (?), isnt it outside the "game" layer, and more in the network layer wich is independent, or is that just me smile

I do belive raknet will work with Esenthel as is, but didnt have a chance to mess around with that yet smile

Sys: Intel Quad @3.4 Ghz, ATI HD 5770 OC Ed (pri), NVIDIA 8800 Ultra (PhysX), 4 Gig Ram, 3.8 TB total HDD.
10-30-2009 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
craksy Offline

ever since looking at this thread i have wanted to try out Hikari with Esenthel.
for those who doesn't know it's a libary, originally designed for Ogre3D, that lets you display flash content (swf) in your 3D applications.
10-30-2009 09:32 PM
Sarora Offline

(10-30-2009 09:32 PM)craksy Wrote:  ever since looking at this thread i have wanted to try out Hikari with Esenthel.
for those who doesn't know it's a libary, originally designed for Ogre3D, that lets you display flash content (swf) in your 3D applications.

Yeah, thats when i startet playing with 3rd party plugins aswell smile

Awesomium is a "upgraded" version of hikari btw, it have the same SWF rendering capabilities, but also have much more, like webpage browser, support for java ect ect, and can of course be used as ingame menu's and much muh more (check the video's).

It does quite alot more, so, require alot more time to work out some implementation way..

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2009 10:48 PM by Sarora.)
10-30-2009 10:46 PM
craksy Offline

yeah i know smile
browsed his page, after i took a look at your link pfft
10-31-2009 12:20 AM
Sarrene Offline

The Aquatica really looks nice! I also like the Spark as well. Have any of you had a chance to get that integrated with esenthel yet?

One that I have been looking at is Speed Tree (though I know its a bit on the expensive side- They have gone up in price again :( I just checked.)

There was a cheep(er) alternitive someplace, but I cannot remember what it was called. They did all sorts of flora. Does anyone know or remember what that api was called?

[Edit: I found it: Tree Magic and Plant Life Though it looks like AlienCode was bought out. So Im not sure if this is only compatable with Blitz products now or not.]

Peace,
Sarrene'
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2009 06:45 AM by Sarrene.)
10-31-2009 06:42 AM
Golandez Offline

Look on 3d-Coat-2-trees http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1003.Eto the program it is offered together with 3D-Coat and it is intended for modelling of trees. At purchase 3D-Coat the program is free. It not advertisingsmile
10-31-2009 12:54 PM
Sarora Offline

Speedtree is awesome, and no other 3rd party library does as they do, with the SpeedtreeRT SDK.

Though expensive (not really indie friendly i would say), it renders 10 of thousands of polygons pr tree's fast, because of internal render engine/and what else it has of awesomeness, not to mention to physics part in Speedtree 5.

Tree Magic and Plant Life (and 3d-coat-2-trees for that matter) is just editor programs, and does not go as 3rd party library as such, its not a C++ api to integrate into the engine (or am i wrong ?) atleast i coudnt find a C++ api on the websites.

10-31-2009 05:15 PM
Sarrene Offline

Aye, Speed tree does offer a few new(er) packages though which is nice. They have a development licence that is a bit cheaper (about $1,500usd) but the balance is due at one year or just befor publication. Speed Tree is definitely unique.

I was looking at the Tree Magic and do not see anything about C++ app either, though im thinking it is only geared towards Blitz now. I think it does do rendering as well including bilboarding, though I know it does not match the power of speedtree.

I cannot think of much else that I think we could use. Though im sure you all have other ideas as well that could be used or be nice to have.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-31-2009 05:37 PM
Sarrene Offline

I forgot one... L3DT smile Its a nice terrain mapping/creation program.
11-02-2009 03:22 AM
Chaplaindm Offline

How about GROME? I believe it is the best terrain generator on the market along with GeoControl.

Chaplain
11-25-2009 03:31 PM
Sarora Offline

I got a pro license for Grome, and it is indeed good.

Though, it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes to export to engines, but once you figured out the engines max/min height, and on on, its not that hard anymore.

Only downside is, its does not come cheap smile

11-27-2009 03:28 PM
Mikesanimation Offline

RE: 3rd party libraries you would like working with Esenthel.
Is Grome only for terrain? Or could you set it up to do more than just that?
11-28-2009 07:56 AM
Chaplaindm Offline

RE: 3rd party libraries you would like working with Esenthel.
I don't know if you could use their masks or other detail. more them likely you could only use the height map. However, they will work with people to make it compatable.

Also, they just refigured their price scheme. There used to be a big difference between the indy and the pro. Now it is just one price.

Chaplain
12-08-2009 08:43 PM