About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Discount?
alexburkee Offline

Discount?
Is the personal license cost set in stone?
I would like to buy the mmorpg package is there any way I could get a discount?
150$ is cheap for the engine I will admit! but I have been low on money lately.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 10:49 PM by alexburkee.)
04-14-2011 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Discount?
there are no discounts for Personal License (I've already said that to you in the email)
04-14-2011 11:33 PM
Tottel Offline

Why won't you simply use the free version for now?
04-15-2011 10:17 AM
rndbit Offline

having in mind quality of engine 150$ is cheap already. but since we started about discounts... i would rather like discount for a company license. two things we need from that are Chr class (because we want to customize it, subclassing proved to be not enough) and customizable world editor. difference between personal and company license in price is 600$, and in what we get? not that big of difference... i understand what it additionally allows - use for companies. but now say we are indie devs who plan in the future founding a company. now situation is that we do not need company license, because there is no company, but source codes that come with company license would boost development of our product. I understand that if there is a company - 750$ is not that big of investment, so asking discount for that is too probably unfair, but i think it would be very good to see something like additional 'personal pro' license, for another 100$ or whatever it could add codes that come with company license, but retain restrictions of personal license. I think it would be good for everyone as all who are bit more serious would get personal pro, giving esenthel more $, and would get stuff that would aid development. everyone would win. what about that kind of thing?
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011 02:04 PM by rndbit.)
04-15-2011 11:24 AM
Salival Offline

I Agree.

I think that Chr class & customizable world editor should be included in personal license. I see no reason that it should only be for the company license.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011 02:02 PM by Salival.)
04-15-2011 02:02 PM
Dynad Offline

I don't think its so hard to recreate the Chr class tho.. the features you get with the Chr class is still the same as the personal or free license.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011 02:44 PM by Dynad.)
04-15-2011 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

yes, but programmable world editor is something that is not that ez to create.
04-18-2011 11:01 AM
Dynad Offline

Is there something you really need from the programmable WE? The WE is just a tool the create fast worlds with.. the actual game is still your own task wink

04-18-2011 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rndbit Offline

(04-18-2011 08:51 AM)Esenthel Wrote:  "company" license is "indie pro". I don't offer anything in between the two license

Yes, everyone is perfectly aware of that. I am just suggesting something that would benefit both sides.
04-18-2011 03:16 PM
Dynad Offline

I guess that only work if you are actually a real company... but yeah a real company has always a budget to buy an engine. But the prices for this engine isn't that high if you ask me...

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011 04:20 PM by Dynad.)
04-18-2011 04:19 PM
rndbit Offline

tell that to person who lives in a country where common man makes about 300$ / month
04-18-2011 07:33 PM
Dwight Offline

Esenthel would then need to look up the CPI's for all the countries and reduce the price, or raise the price ofcource.

But making the price relative is useless. I don't think that many of those people are concerned about making games, they are more concerned of getting enough money to live and come around.

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
04-18-2011 08:02 PM
llynx Offline

(04-18-2011 07:33 PM)rndbit Wrote:  tell that to person who lives in a country where common man makes about 300$ / month

It's sad but hard reality. There aren't any consumer products that base give different prices based on CPI. If they did that would be price discrimination.
04-18-2011 10:33 PM
Dwight Offline

There are products that base their prices on that actually. But more factors influence the price discrimination smile

End solution of this topic: no discounts, and no price changes? smile

Edit:
To also have different prices, the consumer should not be aware of this (fully). But there are certain levels of price discrimination. There is an arbitrage opportunity, since a 3rd world country could then buy it (relatively cheap, with regard to 2nd of 1st), and would then sell it for american dollars, and use that currency in their own country. So that would not be adviced.

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011 06:48 AM by Dwight.)
04-19-2011 06:44 AM
rndbit Offline

(04-19-2011 06:44 AM)Dwight Wrote:  End solution of this topic: no discounts, and no price changes? smile

looks like that.

too bad tho, since my suggestion as far as i can see would benefit everyone. esenthel would make more money while offering more flexible pricing plans, and people would benefit having more freedom with the engine.
04-19-2011 08:29 AM