About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Windowed Maximized
andargor Offline

Windowed Maximized
Hi! Baby steps here, so be gentle...

I'm trying to get the App to start as a window, but already maximized (not fullscreen mode, rather windowed maximized), and in a multi screen environment. If I do thr following, the App goes to fullscreen mode:

App.flag=APP_NO_TITLE_BAR | APP_NO_CLOSE | APP_MAXIMIZABLE | APP_WORK_IN_BACKGROUND | APP_ON_RUN_EXIT;
D.mode(App.desktopW(), App.desktopH(), false);
D.full(false, false).sync(true);

If I set x and y in D.mode to less than the desktop/screen size, it seems to work, but obviously I'm missing some real estate. I've tried with App.screenW/screenH as well and direct resolutions (1920x1200).

What am I doing wrong?
Quick progress: if I do this:

D.mode(App.desktopW()-1, App.desktopH()-1, false);

It stays windowed and acts like I want it to, but there's a 1 pixel gap on the bottom and right side.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 06:03 AM by andargor.)
04-24-2011 05:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brad_Mclain Offline

RE: Windowed Maximized
I believe that if you set mode to the current resolution it automatically goes to full screen.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2011 06:14 AM by Brad_Mclain.)
04-24-2011 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

(04-24-2011 06:14 AM)Brad_Mclain Wrote:  I believe that if you set mode to the current resolution it automatically goes to full screen.

This question was also already asked a couple of topics down. It is indeed the case that when the same width and height of your monitor is selected, the screen automatically goes fullscreen. Nothing you can do about it. But you could as Esenthel to perhaps change it?

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
04-24-2011 09:44 AM
andargor Offline

Thanks for the replies.

OK, that is strange behavior... If I start windowed with a title bar, and then double click it, it maximizes properly and doesn't go into fullscreen mode. Of course, the window border is there.

So there is no way to tell the application window to maximize within Esenthel? I would have to use the Windows API?
04-24-2011 05:38 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You can use WindowMaximize, however in next release D.mode will automatically set the window based on the resolution. (fullscreen/window_maximized/window_normal)
10-24-2013 03:31 AM