About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Ideas for innovative games creation
runewake2 Offline

RE: Ideas for innovative games creation
Game Maker 8 at yoyogames.com has a great interface that allows you to click and drag scripts together to form code. The idea has really caught on and GM has one of the biggest communities, at least the most active, that I know.

I would recommend something as simple as an object/code database that would allow beginners to download precoded objects and scripts and import them directly into the world editor. This way tutorials and such could be downloaded into a project, loaded, changed and saved into the project easily. I'm not really sure about the details of this but I think it would be a nice feature. I believe that thegamecreators.com has something similar to it for their FPS Creator.

As a beginner to C++ myself I'm not really sure what is possible and would indeed be helpful. I know that their are a lot of people who want to upgrade from Game Maker to something more powerful and if EE was simplified this would be a rather nice step.
11-11-2010 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joacorock Offline

Here is my little experience with Esenthel:

When I started to work with Esenthel I have not experience with c++ at all but is not too dificult if have any programming experience like PHP, Pascal or any other language.

If you read the tutorials, try to modify some code of them and see what it does it could be a good training

I'm not even a beginer in Esenthel but I made some good results with no experience, so I'm sticked to this engine.

Game Maker isn't a Game engine, is just like a mario games creator, not too powerful.
11-11-2010 11:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

True but if you could somehow work a way to edit game states, and allow basic function scripting during major events such as Draw, Update and Start (I believe these are the right ones) within the World Editor/Object Editor than the engine would be a lot nicer to new users.
I like the idea Game Maker uses that allows you to have a list of preset functions (Step, Create, Destroy and Draw for example) with the option to add more via triggers and then quickly script and run your game using them.
I was really only using Game Maker as an Example. I also like the Unity interface of dragging scripts to Prefabs (perhaps declared within the Object Editor) that can contain scripts, variables, physics data and more. Coming from either of these engines to Esenthel is a little more than a baby step and is a little confusing at the moment.

Just thought of this: I have seen some suggestions for a list of objects in the World Editor, Gui Editor and more. Could you possibly allow a button beside each object in the World Editor to launch the corresponding program (Visual Studio for a Script, the Object Editor for a object, etc). This alone would make using Esenthel a lot easier for me.
11-12-2010 01:55 AM
segafan Offline

I really like Lumion (http://lumion3d.com/), it's editor looks VERY user-friendly a i really like the way how to build complex scene relative fast in it.
11-12-2010 08:01 AM
Dynad Offline

(11-12-2010 08:01 AM)segafan Wrote:  I really like Lumion (http://lumion3d.com/), it's editor looks VERY user-friendly a i really like the way how to build complex scene relative fast in it.

Yea and the quality is pretty impressive i must say.. if you look at the forest movie that would be a big plus in EE smile

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
11-12-2010 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ZajferX Offline

New here and a bit pissed off actually ... :S ... why the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ... is ppl with good or average skill so anti n00bs like me ... personally i LOVE the click and play feature like unity for example .. they have made it easy to do stuff ... i have decided to stay with EE coz it's new and growing and i would live to have my say in this .. it angers me to know that ppl with skillls reject ppl with no skills ... especially in a COMMUNITY ... ffs ppl this is a growing engine .. what says there can't be a click&play feature and also a full c++ support and as i say in some post the integration of EESDK into VC is a good idea to ... not that i who are a n00b will work with that now but i will when i learn to master the c++ language .. but to sum things up

1. stop beeing so hateful against n00bs help us instead and create a nice and good engine with our help .. ( not that i am to any help now but i hope to be someday )
2. an IDE like UNITY would be awsome ..
3. a integration into VC would also bee cool
4. I LOVE that ppl here is makeing installers for ppl like me
5. i am not dumb and i am not slow! but i have issues understanding your wiki and tuts sometime coz ppl with knowledge is makeing the tuts in a way there they seem to think that i should be knowing shit by now if i am looking on this tut :S ..

I say it's writen in the most powerfull open source language keep it all open and welcome new ppl don't shut ppl down coz they can nothing the first day.

When it comes to helping ppl i know loads of nerds that can't stand ... as they are calling it n00bs ... but i think it's a known fact many nerds don't have the ability to learn others that is not on the same level :S ... ( don't jump on my neck now coz i am azuming pfft )

( i feel i must say that i am really thankfull for the help i got not much but it's a start and i'll go to the links i got and learn c++ )

EDIT:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
import Android support so that ppl can make games for Android
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards
Z
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 07:46 PM by ZajferX.)
01-11-2011 07:13 PM
Dynad Offline

Dude screw you!! nah im just kiddin... well before i start i can call myself a pretty advanced programmer + artist and i try to help ppl the best i can but sometimes its kinda......

I told others look for yourself on google or buy a book or something.. i started totally alone and just began on a small console game and that was like 4/5 years ago when i first started with c++.

Before that ive done lots of projects in PHP which improved my skill pretty well. Next to that ive done alot of modeling in C4D i really like to switch from those 2. Programming only can drive you nuts sometimes pfft

But anyway just start with something simple... i told this to other ppl before you aswell.. so.. "BEGIN PLAIN SIMPLE". Don't think about a MMO or some kind because thats a blackhole to you. So to keep it nice in here... welcome to this community and lets hope we can make the best of it smile

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
01-11-2011 07:51 PM
Tottel Offline

Wauw.. ZajferX. Why so hateful all of a sudden?

Yes, Esenthel is making the engine easier for non-programmers, but still.
If you want to make a game, and you don't understand the wiki or the tutorials then don't expect to make something unique and good.

When you browse through the forums, you will see that people always get helped properly. And as for the tutorials: They are probably hard if you're new to it, but shouldn't you start with something simpler then?
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 07:59 PM by Tottel.)
01-11-2011 07:56 PM
ZajferX Offline

(01-11-2011 07:51 PM)Dynad Wrote:  Dude screw you!! nah im just kiddin... well before i start i can call myself a pretty advanced programmer + artist and i try to help ppl the best i can but sometimes its kinda......

I told others look for yourself on google or buy a book or something.. i started totally alone and just began on a small console game and that was like 4/5 years ago when i first started with c++.

Before that ive done lots of projects in PHP which improved my skill pretty well. Next to that ive done alot of modeling in C4D i really like to switch from those 2. Programming only can drive you nuts sometimes pfft

But anyway just start with something simple... i told this to other ppl before you aswell.. so.. "BEGIN PLAIN SIMPLE". Don't think about a MMO or some kind because thats a blackhole to you. So to keep it nice in here... welcome to this community and lets hope we can make the best of it smile

~Dynad

(01-11-2011 07:56 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Wauw.. ZajferX. Why so hateful all of a sudden?

If you want to make a game, and you don't understand the wiki or the tutorials then don't expect to make something unique and good.

When you browse through the forums, you will see that people always get helped properly. And as for the tutorials: They are probably hard if you're new to it, but shouldn't you start with something simpler then?

hehe hi Dynad and Tottel grin and tnx for the replay pfft i am not hatefull i just have had issues with advanced programmers in open communitys before, when i was searching around on wiki and the forum i got frustrated over that non of what i read made any sense pfft hehe i don't want to jump heads here i just like the engine and want to grow with it grin all i need is a bit of a kick in the right direction pfft hehe

and i never said that i want to do a Oblivion remake now ( even tho i will some day but not first day hehehe ) so of course i'll start small i'll do a basic terrain and try to stuff it with models and shit and if it all goes well i'll expand the world and build more ... but we all got to start somewhere .. so sorry if i jumped on you ppl was never my intention but i'll need a few pointers to poit out a good base to start pfft
01-11-2011 08:17 PM
dylantan Offline

(01-11-2011 07:56 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Wauw.. ZajferX. Why so hateful all of a sudden?

Yes I do agreed with your statements. The community of Esenthel has some of the nicest, helpful and in cases very thoughtful people. I haven't come across anyone who is rude or arrogant here. Abit of boasting yes, but its ok, we love to see other people work and their achievement (hoping we could be a bit better). And the good community here they really do help you out, and for most part people do tend to ask pretty serious questions pertaining to daily game programming issues, which others can share, and learn. I learned alot from Esenthel Community than I have with other community.

My only concern is the "Lone" developer of Esenthel, who worked himself half to death, and half of dozen features and tools that yet to be implemented. Anyway allow me to say thank you Community of Esenthel, you are great guys and girls.
08-05-2011 01:04 PM
rndbit Offline

well... innovative feature.. it might not be so innovative, but i think WYSIWYG editor would be the desired thing.
08-06-2011 09:37 AM
realbox1990 Offline

When I want to have a click&play Engine I take Unity, UDK or Shiva3D.
Don't do that.

You should better add a nicer water shader, Water physics, Linux support...
08-06-2011 07:16 PM
dylantan Offline

(08-06-2011 07:16 PM)realbox1990 Wrote:  When I want to have a click&play Engine I take Unity, UDK or Shiva3D.
Don't do that.

You should better add a nicer water shader, Water physics, Linux support...

I do agreed, but I think it just need more improvement to make it more intuitive. Yes Better or "nicer" Water Shader is also one of my concern, I really hope that Esenthel to look into this soon because most of the commercial engine already has very advance water shader.
08-08-2011 03:00 AM
runewake2 Offline

This is my idea of the Esenthel Editor later in its life. I think something along the lines of the Maya interface or a hybrid of Office and Unity would be cool.

I agree there are more important things than the editor but the current one needs help as it is pretty hard to use.

A cool water shader would be nice as well though.
08-08-2011 05:06 AM
kulesz Offline

(08-08-2011 05:06 AM)runewake2 Wrote:  A cool water shader would be nice as well though.

Indeed smile
08-08-2011 08:28 AM