About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: Community Project: Yes or No?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Community Project
Dandruff Offline

RE: Community Project
Count me in too, i have a lot of spare time.
09-06-2011 04:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

So we can all find ourselves in an online FPS?

I have some pretty advanced sources from an online FPS, created in whole by SCFBias and Bruno (my old coding unit, they were the best).

I can ask permission to use it from them, as it would save us a lot of time; else we can use it to learn a bit from smile

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
09-06-2011 07:59 AM
llynx Offline

Sounds like the missing leg...
EE RPG, EE MMO(Ineisis), and now an EE Multiplayer FPS
09-06-2011 04:50 PM
runewake2 Offline

If this turns into "Just another FPS" than I am out. I don't want anything like Battlefield or CoD.

It needs something that makes it better, maybe something like Star Wars: Battlefield? Or Descent? It needs something to make it interesting otherwise it will just be boring.

I've always wanted to make a Glitch in the System MMO, granted that is third person, but it would still be cool.
09-06-2011 09:50 PM
Brad_Mclain Offline

(09-06-2011 09:50 PM)runewake2 Wrote:  It needs something that makes it better, maybe something like Star Wars: Battlefield? Or Descent? It needs something to make it interesting otherwise it will just be boring.

I'm going to assume you meant Battlefront? smile If so, that would definitely be a cool concept to try and create in Esenthel, especially the vehicular aspect which could be re-used in a large amount of projects.

I think the only way to sort out licensing/income would be to make the entire project free, as members will come and go over time and some may contribute more/less than others depending on time and commitment.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 11:16 PM by Brad_Mclain.)
09-06-2011 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

Yes, Battlefront, I knew that. grin If we created some awesome new version of Battlefront with an entirely new setting and story it could be interesting.

I've also always wanted to make a space based game similar to DotA, LoL or HoN. One that allowed players to completely customize their ship with armor, weapons, special abilities, engines etc. That would be another neat idea.

If we make the project 100% open source I think that would end best, however, a server does cost money so a completely free game might have it's drawbacks. Unless we allow for Third Party servers. Even if we do charge I don't think we can use that money to pay those that work, I expect people will dissapear, reappear etc. Additionally how can you compare the amount of code someone contributes? Lines? Characters? Objects? Models Created? Textures Made? I can think of no good way to evenly distribute any income.

Besides, as an Open Source project this would be able to help new people and old to learn some new things.
09-07-2011 01:34 AM
Dwight Offline

I have a fantasy texture pack of wood that I created when I was still in my "I wanna make a fantasy game'-age. (around the 2500 textures, all 1024*1024 or 512*512).

Selling those textures in pack on a per texture cost of 10-15 cents would be my idea from my side (on turbosquid or derivatives hereof); all the money from there goes into the project.

Besides, I am also willing to contribute monetary funding to the project as well.

I think a new topic/forum should be started, as this topic has served its purpose just fine.

09-07-2011 07:16 AM
TBJokers Offline

I would like to know what kind of a game you guys are planning on. Because I'm not sure if I'll have the time to help with the coding. But i have loads of Models and Textures/Guis.
I could probably support you guys with that, But since i don't know what kind of a game. Can't really help

Man, it's always that semicolon...
09-07-2011 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
runewake2 Offline

I can also contribute textures in the form of Genetica. Granted, I'm not very good with it.
09-08-2011 12:11 AM
Mardok Offline

(09-07-2011 07:16 AM)Dwight Wrote:  I have a fantasy texture pack of wood that I created when I was still in my "I wanna make a fantasy game'-age. (around the 2500 textures, all 1024*1024 or 512*512)

Dwight, i'm interesting!
Could you show me few samples? (send PM)... and send me link to your TurboSquid account.

IMO: Community Project is nice idea but hard to realise :]

If you want create something together then it should be small thing. Chances to realise are growing up and satisfaction on the end guaranted. Maybe logical game or small arcade race, possibly simple shoter like PSYCHON on PSX xD but with zombies or aliens and coop for few players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IimJgW7uY
09-08-2011 03:01 PM
Dwight Offline

(09-08-2011 03:01 PM)Mardok Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 07:16 AM)Dwight Wrote:  I have a fantasy texture pack of wood that I created when I was still in my "I wanna make a fantasy game'-age. (around the 2500 textures, all 1024*1024 or 512*512)

Dwight, i'm interesting!
Could you show me few samples? (send PM)... and send me link to your TurboSquid account.

IMO: Community Project is nice idea but hard to realise :]

If you want create something together then it should be small thing. Chances to realise are growing up and satisfaction on the end guaranted. Maybe logical game or small arcade race, possibly simple shoter like PSYCHON on PSX xD but with zombies or aliens and coop for few players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IimJgW7uY

Thanks, I will show you some examples of the pack. I will post them on TS.

My account there is "DwightGijzen", but there isn't any content on it yet.

As for the community project, it could be realised, as this community has some more talented people from different aspects that are needed in the game (programmers, artists, ...) than most other communities, where they still want the "MAKE-ME-AN-MMO"-button.

09-08-2011 03:58 PM
runewake2 Offline

It is my experience that starting small is never a bad idea. Perhaps creating a co-op shooter or simple shooter would be best an adding the online and MMO aspects as the project progresses. With some of my projects people have lost interest if after 6 months you still don't have anything playable. Maybe it's just me... I don't know.
09-09-2011 03:52 AM
Dwight Offline

Is there a way that we can privately meet?

Could Esenthel make a new category/forum for the EE-Community project with only acces to those who are included?

I have a lot to share.

09-09-2011 09:12 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

09-09-2011 12:22 PM
BlackHornet Offline

Damn nice, really looking forward to the result!!

I do have another Commu Project in mind, but still working on the concept a little bit, but I think it would fit the currently esenthel engine track list wink

Anyway...Community Project is taken, and have two of them looks strange ^^

Urbanity Online: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Urbanity-Online/162454237136358
Join the Esenthel IRC Channel @ Freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=##Esenthel
09-09-2011 12:45 PM