About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Is Esenthel a MMO only engine?
Headclot Offline

Is Esenthel a MMO only engine?
Hey,

I just have a simple question to ask. Is Esenthel a MMO only engine or can it be used to create other types of games with a redistributable dedicated server executable or batch file?

I am asking as I am seeing allot of MMO games here on Esenthel. Personally I would rather make a FPS game not a MMO.

Edit: I guess I should put out in plain words what I want to do with Esenthel. Simply put I want to make an 32 or 64 player game with Esenthel. I just need to know if the current networking implementation can handle it. smile

Edit 2: I also need to know if the current server / client can be redistributed to the users in executable form or batch file form.

Thanks,

Ben
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2012 03:42 AM by Headclot.)
02-19-2012 02:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwight Offline

RE: Is Esenthel a MMO only engine?
Why won't you just try the engine out and see the examples of what this engine is capable off?

This engine is not limited to creation MMO's. If you wish to make an FPS game, you can with the necessary coding experience.

Yes, the client & server are build with VS, so it creates an executable for both.

Welcome to the forums smile

SnowCloud Entertainment - We are recruiting!
http://www.sc-entertainment.com
02-19-2012 07:29 PM
Headclot Offline

(02-19-2012 07:29 PM)Dwight Wrote:  Why won't you just try the engine out and see the examples of what this engine is capable off?

This engine is not limited to creation MMO's. If you wish to make an FPS game, you can with the necessary coding experience.

Yes, the client & server are build with VS, so it creates an executable for both.

Welcome to the forums smile

Hey Dwight, Thank you for the reply and warm welcome. smile

I downloaded the engine last night and played around with it. I like what it does and what it is capable of. I am just a 3D Artist with some very minor programing experience. BTW you convinced me to purchase Esenthel smile
02-19-2012 07:43 PM
dertar Offline

I downloaded the engine and did some tutorials. Its customizable on many levels and with C++ i guess there are no real limits. I like the total clean structure! I ve read some days about all kinds of engines and tried (only shallow dips) some like unity/neoaxis, but this one looks promising.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 04:59 PM by dertar.)
03-07-2012 04:52 PM
Driklyn Offline

(03-10-2012 05:51 PM)aceio76 Wrote:  If you are looking to build a MMO ...

He's not, he said 32-64 player FPS. wink
03-11-2012 03:49 AM