About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Editor 2.0
candam Offline

RE: Esenthel Editor 2.0
Hello Esenthel I have some little suggestion for both 1 and 2

Code editor when you create a new application make us we able to to make a new file when we click on the application and say new file I mean new one not importing one

that's one the other I hope there are tabs for code editor to make us able to switch files easily without we go to open them again

I hope you take that into consideration smile
02-23-2013 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

Hello Esenthel Please Accept my apology I was totally wrong those features are already there but I'm only still getting use to it thank you and excuse me please smile
02-23-2013 10:19 PM
Rubeus Offline

Well, I finally got around to actually downloading Esenthel 2.0 today. While using 1.0, I found that while the engine/code was phenomenal, I didn't care for the editor, and thus I only used C++.
However, I am completely impressed by Esenthel 2.0. With the way everything so seamlessly integrates together, I'm finding it hard to think of any reasons to NOT convert my project to the Esenthel code editor(aside from the time it would take[not much]).
Esenthel, have you been to (or thought about) some of the game dev conventions like GDC?
02-28-2013 10:32 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Well I am located in Poland, so it would be rather troublesome for me to fly over to San Francisco just for GDC. If someday I get filthy reach and can open a company in US, then you can expect EE to be there wink
02-28-2013 11:13 PM
Rubeus Offline

Well, GDC Europe isn't as big(only 1/10th the size), but it's in Germany. That's closer, but I don't know if it's feasible for you. It would be nice to see the Esenthel engine at least represented in some of the conventions around.
02-28-2013 11:52 PM
Rollcage Offline

Nice work on the 2.0 editor Greg. I'm still mainly using v1 but it looks like your addressing alot of the issues and improving the engine for the future.
03-01-2013 02:31 AM
Rubeus Offline

Aceio, opening a corporation in the US requires an address(or a proxy agent[basically, a taxpayer]) in the state it's registered in; real estate and staff(even 1) costs $$$.

Honestly, I don't think there would be a reason to open a US corp, unless there is some kind of legal or tax requirement. There are a lot of multinational corporations without a physical US presence. I think bigger companies mostly do it for region-specific services and management.
03-01-2013 06:10 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

My goal is to relocate to California and live there, open Esenthel company etc. But the only way that I know of how to do that is gather 200 thousands usd for investor visa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-2_visa
The visa is the biggest problem, to allow to stay legally
And because the amount of money needed is too big, I just can't do it
03-01-2013 10:28 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Check my previous post, the goal is to relocate and live there legally and working on Esenthel smile
03-01-2013 10:38 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Coming from Poland I know of following options to land in US:
-win green card lottery (only 1.5% chance per year)
-get married to US citizen and stay married for at least 2 years (K visa)
-get J (trainee) visa, that's only for 18 months, can't be taken second time in the same field of specialty/work
-get H1B (work) visa to work at some US company, this visa requires having bachelor's degree or 12 years of work experience since finishing high school
-work in international company for a couple of years outside of US, and then hope that they will transfer you to their US branch (L visa)
-become filthy rich and invest 200 thousand $ to get E2 investor visa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-2_visa

If I am missing something let me know grin
03-01-2013 01:27 PM
Rollcage Offline

Come to Australia... Which has it's own issues.
03-01-2013 01:41 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I think Australia has similar requirements.
03-01-2013 01:43 PM
Rollcage Offline

Well I guess it's Poland for now. Looks like you have thoroughly researched everything smile
03-01-2013 01:46 PM
gwald Offline

lol don't come to australia, it's a rip off!
PS: I'm in melbourne, australia.. i know!

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
03-01-2013 02:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shatterstar Offline

Florida is a big place for the video game industry...they have prestige colleges for video game design. I also have family in Florida...and I love it. Never been to California. I wish I knew some young woman to help you out on getting married to an American woman, but I've isolated myself for the past year so that i can make this game. I can probably count on one hand all of the people that i have a personal conversation with a month right now...lol.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013 02:43 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-01-2013 02:34 PM