Poll: Is this a good idea?
That's a great idea - I would donate
That's a good idea but I wouldn't donate
I don't think it's a good idea
[Show Results]

Question about Crowdfunding - Donation system
Shatterstar Offline

RE: Question about Crowdfunding - Donation system
hey Grzegorz , If you wanted to get your stuff on Indiegogo or kickstarter, you could always change the name of Esenthel so that it longer qualifies as an already developed commercial product. LOL. Then you could just act like its a completely new product that has never been released. LOL. that would be so wrong...but it would also probably work. But on a serious note...food for thought, there seems to be alot of great programmers laying around here, dieing to improve on your Engine. If you teamed up with one or two of them to speed something up that was a completely new game engine...you could actually make alot of money putting that new engine out on kickstarter and indiegogo. Just something to think about.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 06:22 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-27-2013 06:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

(03-27-2013 06:14 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  hey Grzegorz , If you wanted to get your stuff on Indiegogo or kickstarter, you could always change the name of Esenthel so that it longer qualifies as an already developed commercial product. LOL. Then you could just act like its a completely new product that has never been released. LOL. that would be so wrong...but it would also probably work. But on a serious note...food for thought, there seems to be alot of great programmers laying around here, dieing to improve on your Engine. If you teamed up with one or two of them to speed something up that was a completely new game engine...you could actually make alot of money putting that new engine out on kickstarter and indiegogo. Just something to think about.

.. What? :|
03-27-2013 08:02 PM
Zervox Offline

My thought was the same Tottelpfft
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 08:40 PM by Zervox.)
03-27-2013 08:40 PM
candam Offline

(03-27-2013 06:14 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  hey Grzegorz , If you wanted to get your stuff on Indiegogo or kickstarter, you could always change the name of Esenthel so that it longer qualifies as an already developed commercial product. LOL. Then you could just act like its a completely new product that has never been released. LOL. that would be so wrong...but it would also probably work. But on a serious note...food for thought, there seems to be alot of great programmers laying around here, dieing to improve on your Engine. If you teamed up with one or two of them to speed something up that was a completely new game engine...you could actually make alot of money putting that new engine out on kickstarter and indiegogo. Just something to think about.

smile I agree with getting a different easier name for the engine and teaming up with a stuff even to improve the marketing of this product
03-27-2013 09:01 PM
Dwight Offline

Esenthel is an easy name, which is composed of essential and essence.

Creating a whole new engine based on this engine is useless, even for a kickstarter project.

Though I would like to see Esenthel teaming up with Zervox or Yvanvds here, since in my eyes, they have the most experience with Esenthel. Fatcoder also comes to mind.
03-27-2013 09:57 PM
Rubeus Offline

(03-27-2013 09:57 PM)Dwight Wrote:  Esenthel is an easy name, which is composed of essential and essence.

Is this truth or speculation? I actually wouldn't mind hearing the story behind the name, if there is one. I've always wondered about it.
03-27-2013 10:46 PM
Dwight Offline

This is the truth; been here quite some time, and read all the posts Esenthel made throughout the years (even though I was not registered)
03-27-2013 10:54 PM
Shatterstar Offline

what i posted was a joke. But honestly what i would like to see is that Grzegorz allows community made add-ons to be sold in community store so that some of the great programmers around here could make a little money. The whole community would benefit from it.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 05:31 PM by Shatterstar.)
03-28-2013 04:01 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

Hehe someone donated over the maximum required amount for Dual Range Ambient Occlusion.... lol whatever makes you happy wink
04-02-2013 10:07 AM
candam Offline

(04-02-2013 10:07 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  Hehe someone donated over the maximum required amount for Dual Range Ambient Occlusion.... lol whatever makes you happy wink

This is the first feature to be completely full waiting for more to come in a row smile
04-02-2013 10:18 AM
gwald Offline

lol, my $10 cleared this morning, from nearly 2 weeks ago.
If it's mine, can it be moved to Hardware Instancing?

My Blog
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showthread.php?tid=6043

I hang out at Esenthel IRC Channel
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#Esenthel
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 10:35 AM by gwald.)
04-02-2013 10:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ozmodian Offline

I am not sure what people don't like about the current process. I put my money to things i wanted an I was happy to do it. I know I am the minority but I think the process is just fine.
06-14-2013 05:22 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

The GPS support was recently developed because it reached significant progress in funding.

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out, however what does it have that the current process doesn't have? On this page http://itprism.com/free-joomla-extension...ng-capital I see that payments are done through PayPal, which I already support in the current system. I'm not sure that PayPal allows for "delayed payments" which are realized upon reaching the goal of the funding. I think that it supports only instant and subscription payments.
06-14-2013 04:03 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I would prefer that payments only get taken once the goal is reached, I'm much more likely to back items then.
06-14-2013 09:15 PM
paviii Offline

I agree that I would be more inclined to back something that I know I'll be paying for once its been completely backed.
06-14-2013 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply