About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Oceans that look like this
Shatterstar Offline

Oceans that look like this
I would like to see oceans that look like this in Esenthel.

I would be more than willing to donate money to making this happen. Grzegorz, PM me if you are interested in me paying you to make this happen. Give me a price quote and I'll see if i can meet it. I would like to see other people's opinions on this subject. Would you like to see actual waves for an ocean inside esenthel?
05-10-2013 12:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
candam Offline

RE: Oceans that look like this
(05-10-2013 12:15 AM)Shatterstar Wrote:  I would like to see oceans that look like this in Esenthel.

I would be more than willing to donate money to making this happen. Grzegorz, PM me if you are interested in me paying you to make this happen. Give me a price quote and I'll see if i can meet it. I would like to see other people's opinions on this subject. Would you like to see actual waves for an ocean inside esenthel?

That's really cool I would like to see this coming too

I think Grzegorz is really busy these days he have not updated the engine more than one month I wish if he accepts so smile

Thanks for Sharing pal
ShatterStar
05-10-2013 12:25 AM
Dwight Offline

Nothing a simple displacement shader cannot solve together with the update function for the ocean's height.

There are example shaders on the web (some of them including foam) which you can follow to add to the engine.
05-10-2013 01:25 AM
Xander93 Offline

Very nice! +1
05-10-2013 01:26 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

I think we should raise the bar and ask for ocean's better than that. That ocean lacks foam of any sort!

Also this can be done with custom shaders if you know what you are doing. Not easy but definately doable.

However, I gotta say though that there are many other things I'd prefer first.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 06:24 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
05-10-2013 06:22 AM
Dalmat Offline

I agree with scarlet, it would be nice to have ocean shader remade, but.. there are a lot of other more important things to do.. like.. undo smile
05-11-2013 12:23 PM
Shatterstar Offline

not more important for my game...lol...thats why I'm willing to pay for the feature to be completely made...but he hasn't given me a price quote on that yet. Do you think that this could already be done by making your own custom shader?
05-11-2013 04:27 PM
Dwight Offline

(05-11-2013 04:27 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  not more important for my game...lol...thats why I'm willing to pay for the feature to be completely made...but he hasn't given me a price quote on that yet. Do you think that this could already be done by making your own custom shader?

Yes, this already can be done by using custom shaders. Do you have the shader sources?
05-11-2013 06:25 PM
Rigs Offline

Search for the ozernik movies on YouTube. Nice ocean
05-12-2013 09:08 AM
Shatterstar Offline

(05-11-2013 06:25 PM)Dwight Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:27 PM)Shatterstar Wrote:  not more important for my game...lol...thats why I'm willing to pay for the feature to be completely made...but he hasn't given me a price quote on that yet. Do you think that this could already be done by making your own custom shader?

Yes, this already can be done by using custom shaders. Do you have the shader sources?

No not yet. But we are going to get it soon
05-13-2013 06:57 AM
Shatterstar Offline

(05-12-2013 09:08 AM)Rigs Wrote:  Search for the ozernik movies on YouTube. Nice ocean
now that is an amazing ocean!
05-14-2013 12:12 AM