About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Esenthel Earth (GPS)
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Esenthel Earth (GPS)
I wanted to present Google Esenthel Earth (latest tutorial in 2.0 thanks to added GPS functionality)
(no, you can't zoom-in like in google maps, I only demonstrate that GPS is now available wink )

Attached File(s) Image(s)

05-24-2013 08:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: Esenthel Earth (GPS)
Very cool, another great feature!
05-24-2013 08:41 PM
gwald Offline

Downloading smile
Wow very exciting release!
I image it will break most peoples projects grin but definitely worth it smile
And thanks for the extra tuts to wink
05-25-2013 02:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Scarlet Thread Offline

Awesome this is very cool. I had an idea for an app that would require GPS in the back of my mind.. guess I can use Esenthel to make it now XD.

Thanks Greg

@gwald didn't break my project much at all... only think I noticed was that AG_STATIC is no longer an actor group defined in the engine
05-25-2013 08:05 AM
Dalmat Offline

we will use this for enviroment settings based on user location, we were thinking on implementing this for us, thanx greg! smile
05-25-2013 03:04 PM
krokodilcapa Offline

This feature isn't work on my computer. I'm in Hungary. The LocationLatitude() function returns zero (of course LocationTimeUTC().valid() also return false;
Scarlet Thread: You can follow the name changes in it's topic. AG_STATIC was renamed to AG_TERRAIN.
05-26-2013 09:40 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(05-26-2013 09:40 PM)krokodilcapa Wrote:  This feature isn't work on my computer. I'm in Hungary. The LocationLatitude() function returns zero (of course LocationTimeUTC().valid() also return false;
Scarlet Thread: You can follow the name changes in it's topic. AG_STATIC was renamed to AG_TERRAIN.

Possibly because your computer doesn't have GPS?

Thanks but I already knew that AG_STATIC was morphed into AG_TERRAIN.. I was just making a comment.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 12:27 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
05-27-2013 12:25 AM
gwald Offline

-added new "Location*" functions allowing to obtain last known location of the device (by using GPS or Network)
05-27-2013 01:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

Mobile Network for 3/4g devices and cells would be my guess. I can tell you from a professional standpoint that getting a location via IP connection is inaccurate and infeasible.
05-27-2013 03:16 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(05-27-2013 03:16 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  Mobile Network for 3/4g devices and cells would be my guess. I can tell you from a professional standpoint that getting a location via IP connection is inaccurate and infeasible.

The closest anyone can get to my IP seems to be the capital city an hour away from here. Location from 3/4G is probably obtainable through triangulation (maybe).
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 03:50 AM by Scarlet Thread.)
05-27-2013 03:49 AM
Rubeus Offline

(05-27-2013 03:49 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  
(05-27-2013 03:16 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  Mobile Network for 3/4g devices and cells would be my guess. I can tell you from a professional standpoint that getting a location via IP connection is inaccurate and infeasible.

The closest anyone can get to my IP seems to be the capital city an hour away from here. Location from 3/4G is probably obtainable through triangulation (maybe).

Or just nearest cell tower.
05-27-2013 03:56 AM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(05-27-2013 03:56 AM)Rubeus Wrote:  
(05-27-2013 03:49 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  

Or just nearest cell tower.

or that wink
05-27-2013 08:44 AM
krokodilcapa Offline

(05-27-2013 12:25 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 09:40 PM)krokodilcapa Wrote:  This feature isn't work on my computer. I'm in Hungary. The LocationLatitude() function returns zero (of course LocationTimeUTC().valid() also return false;

Thanks but I already knew that AG_STATIC was morphed into AG_TERRAIN.. I was just making a comment.

About the actor groups, I misunderstood your comment. My english knowledge isn't the best. My goal was not to lecture you, but to help you.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 07:35 PM by krokodilcapa.)
05-27-2013 07:33 PM
Scarlet Thread Offline

(05-27-2013 07:33 PM)krokodilcapa Wrote:  
(05-27-2013 12:25 AM)Scarlet Thread Wrote:  

About the actor groups, I misunderstood your comment. My english knowledge isn't the best. My goal was not to lecture you, but to help you.

No probs wink
05-28-2013 08:24 AM