About Store Forum Documentation Contact

EE store item - Visual Event System
Tottel Offline

EE store item - Visual Event System
Hi there,

I've added a project to the store that allows you to add events and triggers to a world. I've used it in my own project ( http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=7100 ), and I'm now making it available for everyone. smile

What can it do?
You can simply place interaction points in the level, such as: Triggers, buttons or items.
These things can then trigger a whole bunch of events, like: drawing text, particles, lights, shaking the camera, opening/closing/(un)locking doors, toggle objects, playing sounds and teleporting objects (Moving platforms in next release too).

Here is the store link: http://www.esenthel.com/?id=store&item=50

I still plan to update this project with better triggers and more events. Make sure to post remarks and suggestions that you would like to see implemented. smile
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 06:33 PM by Tottel.)
11-13-2013 12:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pixel Perfect Offline

RE: EE store item - Visual Event System
Will look at this with great interest as triggers is one of the next things on my list of developments so will be interested to see your approach.

Many thanks for making this available. I'm sure many of us will benefit from it.

Just purchased smile
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 11:45 AM by Pixel Perfect.)
11-13-2013 10:50 AM
Tottel Offline

Thanks, Pixel Perfect! smile

I still want to improve the triggers with "onEnter, onLeave", stuff like that.
11-13-2013 09:19 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

You're welcome. Hopefully get a chance to look at it in some detail this weekend, looking forward to it.
11-14-2013 11:36 AM
Marbasoft Offline

Hi Tottel,

thanks for sharing, I've a question about the flash light, i try to take it, but no way pfft, in the editor i can see in the description that the player can take it, but i don't know how pfft
11-14-2013 02:49 PM
Tottel Offline

Hey Marbasoft,

The interaction point is (more or less) the centre of the screen. You can pick up with left mouse click as soon the object is highlighted. Same for the buttons. smile
11-14-2013 02:59 PM
Tottel Offline

I've updated the project! As promised smile More updates will be coming later on.

- Added BaseEvent class to simplify the event classes and get rid of duplicate code.
- Updated every event to inherit from BaseEvent (every event now has a Duration, Active and Delay param as base)
- Updated some OBJ_* event classes to handle duration/delay/active, active is set to true by default, so you can optionally add this param to change this.
- Update SlidingDoor to also handle temporary (un)locking
- Updated the SlidingDoor and ToggleDrawObject examples in the world
- Added more comments in the events classes
11-16-2013 11:57 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Great news ... many thanks Tottel smile
11-17-2013 08:29 PM
Palaxe Offline

Are you going to code in a teleporter into this?
11-19-2013 10:13 PM
Tottel Offline

(11-19-2013 10:13 PM)Palaxe Wrote:  Are you going to code in a teleporter into this?

Sure. Thanks for the suggestion. smile
11-19-2013 11:18 PM
Palaxe Offline

Oh i think i need to buy it then. The way you have it set up would be perfect.
Just drop the effect and put the walk-into-area around it and when you enter you port. smile
Just what i need smile
Will this work with RPG single player? That is what I'm using for my project.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 09:42 PM by Palaxe.)
11-20-2013 09:37 PM
Tottel Offline

(11-20-2013 09:37 PM)Palaxe Wrote:  Oh i think i need to buy it then. The way you have it set up would be perfect.
Just drop the effect and put the walk-into-area around it and when you enter you port. smile
Just what i need smile

I've added it in. I'll upload it one of these days, after some more testing. smile

You could add it to any project, as far as I know. At most, you'd probably have to merge them with your own OBJECT_CLASSES and containers.
11-20-2013 10:18 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

I haven't had time to look at this until today but I have to say I'm impressed. You've done a really nice job with this and the EEHelper app is just the icing on the cake smile

I've not decided exactly how I'm going to implement triggers and their resultant actions in my code as I have yet to work out quite how much my external AI engine is going to be involved in some of the decision making, but either way I will definitely be integrating elements of this.

I like the event group mechanism and may just add an event to trigger a corresponding event in the AI engine. Some of my triggers will be used to start scenarios (whole choreographed sequences of NPC behaviour ... a bit like cut scenes) driven by the AI.

I was originally going to handle all triggers in the AI engine but there are many uses for them that don't require any AI interaction that doing it this way round makes more sense to me.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 07:14 PM by Pixel Perfect.)
11-23-2013 07:14 PM
Palaxe Offline

(11-20-2013 10:18 PM)Tottel Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 09:37 PM)Palaxe Wrote:  Oh i think i need to buy it then. The way you have it set up would be perfect.
Just what i need smile

I've added it in. I'll upload it one of these days, after some more testing. smile

You could add it to any project, as far as I know. At most, you'd probably have to merge them with your own OBJECT_CLASSES and containers.

Ok Thanks
I purchased it so I'll be watching for when it gets updated. I think I'll use the teleporter none stop in my project smile

Thanks for adding it smile
12-02-2013 10:04 PM
Tottel Offline

25% off until the New Year! Happy holidays!
12-23-2013 11:38 AM