About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Demo
head2003 Offline

Demo
Hi there smile
I read, that the Esenthel Engine is free for non-commercial use. Is that right? Because i downloaded the Engine and there is a "Demo"-Popup and i need to wait 10 sec. everytime, before i can click on "ok" to continue my work ...
Did i downloaded the right version? And is this Popup in the Non-Commercial Game Builds too?
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014 02:30 AM by head2003.)
03-14-2014 02:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hightreason Offline

RE: Demo
My understanding is that it is indeed free for non-commercial use, but you will have to deal with that pop-up all the time in the editor. There is no pop-up in the games you make. You are also limited to 64 items in your games. There are probably other restrictions as well. So I guess more correctly, a limited and annoying version is free for non-commercial use.

Personally I think the pop-up every couple minutes is overkill. People who are actually trying to demo it with the intention to possibly buy could very easily get fed up with that nonsense and just decide it's not worth the annoyance and go find another engine to buy.

That said, however, the engine is really reasonably priced. $200 and you can make as many games as you can forever, no royalties. I'd just buy it if I were you. Actually, I have bought it even though I'm not you. :-)
03-14-2014 02:37 AM
head2003 Offline

Ok, thanks .. At the moment its not a good time for me, to buy.. I need i few month to lay aside money. In this time i try to learn the engine and see if i understand, how to use everything smile

Which means 64 items? I set 64 Trees and then i reach a limit? :O
03-14-2014 03:19 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(03-14-2014 03:19 PM)head2003 Wrote:  ...
Which means 64 items? I set 64 Trees and then i reach a limit? :O

No, it's limited to 64 project elements in your project panel (left hand side of Editor screen). You can have as many instances of objects you've imported in your level as you like. There is just a limit to the number of parent objects you can import/create.
03-14-2014 03:29 PM
head2003 Offline

Ah ok, that should be enough to experiment smile
03-14-2014 03:30 PM