About Store Forum Documentation Contact

What can I achieve in Esenthel Engine?
sabino Offline

What can I achieve in Esenthel Engine?
Esenthel seems a good engine.
I already know that it supports Blender, so I have not to worry about money
- The game project I would like to take to life is a fantasy FPS.
- On the videos on Youtube, I've seen some examples of the graphic of Esenthel Engine. It's too realistic for me. I need a cartoon-like graphic, something similar to Goat Simulator / I am Bread.
- On the homepage, I've read that Esenthel Engine have no bug tolerance and have a lot of tutorials. What about performance? I don't care much about the performance of the engine, but about the compiled games made with Esenthel.
- What are the minimum system requirements for Esenthel?
I'm going to buy/build a new PC because the one I've at home is very old
Can I work and achieve great results with a Nvidia GTX 600+, AMD FX/Intel i5, 8 GB Ram?
- Physics should not be a problem any more. PhysX SDK with C++ API is free!
But, what about PhysXLab? PhysXLab is a standalone tool in which you can pre-break meshes and then export them as .apx or .apb.
Is Esenthel Engine able to recognize these formats? Or is there another way to simulate fracture?
- I've planned to use fluid simulation. So, PhysX is important for me.

Thank you for the support and sorry for the long post blushing
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2014 08:01 PM by sabino.)
12-21-2014 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rubeus Offline

RE: What can I achieve in Esenthel Engine?
(12-21-2014 08:00 PM)sabino Wrote:  - On the videos on Youtube, I've seen some examples of the graphic of Esenthel Engine. It's too realistic for me. I need a cartoon-like graphic, something similar to Goat Simulator / I am Bread.
Easily done. Betwee the way you create your models and the settings you use in Esenthel, cartoon away. One of the tutorials is actually for celshading.

(12-21-2014 08:00 PM)sabino Wrote:  - On the homepage, I've read that Esenthel Engine have no bug tolerance and have a lot of tutorials. What about performance? I don't care much about the performance of the engine, but about the compiled games made with Esenthel.
Check out some of the projects people have made, such as: http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=7813 (shows people's FPSs with a very complex environment)

(12-21-2014 08:00 PM)sabino Wrote:  - What are the minimum system requirements for Esenthel?
I'm going to buy/build a new PC because the one I've at home is very old
Can I work and achieve great results with a Nvidia GTX 600+, AMD FX/Intel i5, 8 GB Ram?
Yes you can.

(12-21-2014 08:00 PM)sabino Wrote:  - Physics should not be a problem any more. PhysX SDK with C++ API is free!
But, what about PhysXLab? PhysXLab is a standalone tool in which you can pre-break meshes and then export them as .apx or .apb.
Is Esenthel Engine able to recognize these formats? Or is there another way to simulate fracture?
- I've planned to use fluid simulation. So, PhysX is important for me.
PhysX is built in. You can use custom libraries/includes if you so choose. I've not seen anything about .apx or .apb importing, though. Esenthel does have some support for destructable meshes, but I have not played with that particular aspect(yet).
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 12:23 AM by Rubeus.)
12-22-2014 12:20 AM
Zervox Offline

destruct meshes are created through
DestructMesh b;
b.create
it is however up to each user to make their own behavior.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014 03:36 AM by Zervox.)
12-22-2014 03:36 AM
sabino Offline

What are you doing in Esenthel Engine? :3
12-22-2014 03:46 PM