About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Esenthel Aventures ... kind of :)
rstralberg Offline

My Esenthel Aventures ... kind of :)
I started a blog called "Esenthel Adventures" which is more or less a diary of my efforts learning both Esenthel and Linux at the same time. So if you are interested in that you may have a check at Esenthel Adventures.

At the same time I'm making some Esenthel diary videos on YouTube. The first one is up and is about me making a terrain using some Linux free tools. I added this here in Off-Topic as its not a real tutorial, just me showing how I do some different things to get the terrain in this case up and runnig. There are probably other way to do it.

My native language is Swedish so expect slow talking and many "eeehhh" and "hmmmmm" smile

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 07:51 AM by rstralberg.)
03-29-2015 12:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: My Esenthel Aventures ... kind of :)
This is a nasty habbit for all Scandinavians in general even when they are speaking their native tongue, and I know the feeling.(its also used as a way to say, "HEY! I am not done talking yet!",sadly it also carries over to speeches and streams also alot more than other countries that I have noticed) ; )

Whats up with the 720p being really low quality? can't make anything out of the text.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 05:17 AM by Zervox.)
03-29-2015 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3DRaddict Offline

Just what the doctor ordered!
Please keep this adventure going. I am also an Esenthel newbie and keen to discover its inner secrets, so will be following your series with great interest. smile
03-29-2015 07:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rstralberg Offline

Thanks for the input. I will redo the video in HD resolution. Good training for me. I will also try to keep those "eeeeeeh"'s down a bit, we will see how that goes, no guarantee on that though smile
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 09:52 AM by rstralberg.)
03-29-2015 09:50 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

(03-29-2015 05:13 AM)Zervox Wrote:  ...
Whats up with the 720p being really low quality? can't make anything out of the text.
Looks fine to me with text very readable (1080p is crisper still of course). I guess you had some bad internet connection at the time and never got the stream @ 720p or possibly you were so quick to view You Tube had not finished processing the high res versions (I've had that happen on a few of mine before).

Nice tutorial Roland, people new to the engine are going to find these very useful smile
03-29-2015 09:57 AM
Zervox Offline

(03-29-2015 09:57 AM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  
(03-29-2015 05:13 AM)Zervox Wrote:  ...
Looks fine to me with text very readable (1080p is crisper still of course). I guess you had some bad internet connection at the time and never got the stream @ 720p or possibly you were so quick to view You Tube had not finished processing the high res versions (I've had that happen on a few of mine before).

Nice tutorial Roland, people new to the engine are going to find these very useful smile

Most likely it was due to the not fully processed as every other videos I watched worked fine, always keep to forgetting that about youtube, even though I've uploaded videos myself there in the past. but I still think the 720p looks alot more pixelated than it should be.

Anyways, now that I can atleast see the details a bit clearer, good video! : )
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015 05:50 PM by Zervox.)
03-29-2015 05:48 PM
rstralberg Offline

Hi guys. I have made a new version in better resolution. Just click on first post here.
Made a silly mistake so a failing start of some seconds was included. If you wonder what
I say there in Swedish its "Well....that fucked up" smile Of course my intention was not to have
that included.

If you need instructions on how to install Esenthel, InsaneBump or GeoMorph you will
find that in my blog att http://rstralberg.com/index.php/blog
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 08:59 AM by rstralberg.)
03-30-2015 07:55 AM
georgatos7 Offline

Thanks for the nice tut and the updates, i'm always interested in testing new workflows. Also new res looks nice and crisp.
03-30-2015 03:40 PM
rstralberg Offline

Thanks. One thing I noticed quite directly when starting with Esenthel is that there a just a few newbie videos out there. Instead of complaining I thought it would be a good idea to make some of them. Of course videos for newbies recorded by a newbie isn't the most ideal concept, but better than no videos I guess.

I will be interesting to "Dive" into the next part which is water. I have no idea on that but I will before making the next video.
03-30-2015 03:54 PM
rstralberg Offline

Update

Added two new parts, water and sky.

04-14-2015 07:50 AM