About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Custom shaped Progress Bar
Dwight Offline

Custom shaped Progress Bar
Hi all,

I'm in the process of updating the GUI "progressbar" to my own custom progress bar which is not rectengular shaped. I am quite stuck at the moment on this part of the GUI.

The example images are added as attachment.

I have tried changing parameters in the default GUI Skin, yet to no avail. I think that I will have to extend the progress bar and add a layer mask to it as was done in the tutorial... Is this the correct way?

Attached File(s) Image(s)

04-06-2021 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Custom shaped Progress Bar
I think it's possible to construct this using Gui Skin and Panel Image for Slidebar.
Divide image in 3x1 parts, and set to Left/Center/Right Image.
If that won't work, you can divide into 3x3 parts, that will work for sure.
And tweak parameters to remove lighting.

But if you want, you can always use custom codes for drawing too, for codes you could just draw the image using Image.drawPart if I remember correctly.
04-06-2021 02:19 PM
Dwight Offline

RE: Custom shaped Progress Bar
(04-06-2021 02:19 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  I think it's possible to construct this using Gui Skin and Panel Image for Slidebar.
Divide image in 3x1 parts, and set to Left/Center/Right Image.
If that won't work, you can divide into 3x3 parts, that will work for sure.
And tweak parameters to remove lighting.

But if you want, you can always use custom codes for drawing too, for codes you could just draw the image using Image.drawPart if I remember correctly.

Hello Greg,

Your 3x3 parts solved the issue! By dividing both images into 9 parts and setting the correct parameters and using the "Slider" I am able to 'fake' a progressBar!

Thank you very much!
04-06-2021 04:29 PM