About Store Forum Documentation Contact

LightMapping
skumar Offline

LightMapping
Hi,
I have seen the demos and tuts. I have just tried the tools too. But i havent started programming yet. Currently im developing a architectural previz solution and i use static lightmaps baked from 3ds max for the lighting purpose.

I have seen many dynamic effects of the engine. Does this engine support static lightmaps. When i checked the material editor of mesh editor tool, its second channel is for normal..which i would like to use for the lightmapping.....
01-20-2009 11:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: LightMapping
static lightmapping is going to be developed soon
01-20-2009 12:47 PM
skumar Offline

Love to hear that...

Is it true that you are the only one developer of this engine :x

Have anyone seen this man who created it!!!!!

So advanced engine and all very rapid updations!!!!!!!

Dont belive him...he may be even a bot....
01-20-2009 01:14 PM
skumar Offline

i love your speed of updation...still i suspect you are alone doing all this stuff grin

Now coming to the matter....i have started testing the engine...What i need is lightmapping- simple one which is baked textures in single channel and the other type is having diffuse in channel one and lightmap in second...

When i tested my meshed imported to mesh editor...it only shown in light. How we can disable light?...my meshes are lit accurately by lightmap...

I have experienced one problem with the mesh editor..you can rotate and see the meshes...i cant zoom too much. Most of my meshes are rooms which has nothing outside for seeing..Its very difficult to move into the room...i just translated the mesh to get into it....

If it is by lack of my knowledge sorry....if possible please implement a walkthrough type cam in mesh editor...it will be easy to move to every part of big meshes
01-22-2009 08:28 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Hi smile

Yep, the lightmapping has been added recently, however it shouldnt be in one texture, but please use 2 textures (1-color , 2-lightmap)

in Mesh Editor you've got 2 types of light (Ambient + Directional) both you can set through Menu\View
when testing lightmaps you may want to disable both of the lights : so set Directional to "off" and Ambient to "0"

camera works in spherical mode, you've got focus point from around which you rotate the camera
you can rotate the camera with Win key (or Middle Mouse Button, or through 5th mouse button)
you can zoom with mouse wheel (this will close you to the focus point, but its not moving forward)
moving the camera is done with space key, or with 4th mouse button
01-22-2009 12:44 PM
skumar Offline

Thanx....im a bit confused with the docs and the dev workflow....

It will be a load shedding if you make a good documentation.... grin
01-22-2009 12:58 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

For more detailed docs please choose a sample topic to improve to, step by step I'll document the engine more smile
01-22-2009 01:02 PM
afecelis Offline

Grzegorz, which 3d format will you use for lightmapped objects? And won't the 2 texture channels (diffuse+lightmap) be "blended" together automatically in such 3d format? The required thing would be to write native loaders of the format for your engine.

thanks for any info. smile

Regards,
Alvaro
01-22-2009 03:37 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

As you've asked lightmapping importing is supported through B3D format, you gave ma a sample with "Sewer" level from Gandaldf, I've tested it and it works fine, you can test it yourself smile
the 2 textures aren't blended automatically together, but used separately.
01-22-2009 03:40 PM
afecelis Offline

Niiiiiiiiiice! wink B3d rulezzzzzzz!!! smile
What do you mean I can test it out myself? Did you update Esenthel's download?

Thanks a lot for adding B3d support. It will open a lot of doors in terms of creative possibilities and tools to be used.

regards,
Alvaro
01-23-2009 12:55 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

of course you can check it out - the new version has been uploaded at least few days ago smile

everytime I upload a new version I post here <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.esenthel.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26">viewforum.php?f=26</a><!-- l -->
01-23-2009 01:11 AM
afecelis Offline

No friggin' way! grin and you included a b3d example? Great! I'm downloading immediately! Thanks Grzegorz! grin Damn! you're fast! :shock: :shock:
Same download link as official version?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.esenthel.com/download/EsenthelEngineSDK.rar">http://www.esenthel.com/download/EsenthelEngineSDK.rar</a><!-- m -->

ps. Have you considered a SVN repository?
regards,

Alvaro
01-23-2009 01:39 AM
afecelis Offline

Nice! B3d is loading fine, materials and everything! me happy! grin
[Image: E_b3d.jpg]
However, when loading one of my files I didn't get the textures:
[Image: E_b3d_01.jpg]

This is what the b3d looks like:
[Image: E_b3d_02.jpg]

I'm sending you a PM with the file Grzegorz wink

regards,

Alvaro
01-23-2009 02:29 AM
skumar Offline

Ya i also had same prob....some meshes or some part was not textured well....

One thing mr. esenthel....

The new version has the same filename as the older...atleast you should include the version number in the name of the archive . Presently i should look the chm files version history to find the version...due to this i have got some mismatches also.....

You should find some good way of versioning... smile
01-23-2009 04:01 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Thanks for the info, additional B3D files for testing would be just the thing I need, I'll get on with it.

About the file version names it would be a pain for me, because I update the engine very often like one to few days normally, and I'd need to update the download page to include the latest link, that'd be too much problem for me smile
01-23-2009 12:51 PM