About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Game description text system
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

Game description text system
Hi,
I wanna build a description system, It is a database which can store instruction text,
dialogue, notification text, mission brief etc, these information will be loaded into the game at the moment I want.

Example: I have a training mission which has a bunch of instruction text paragraphs. They appear each time player complete a task, like "Good job! Now go left. Follow the yellow line and blah blah (it sould be 1 or 2 paragraphs and display at the corner of screen or something like that. Or before loading any mission (map/level) there is some text of briefing.

I want to make it outside the game, on a text file, CSV or Excel is the best. This is good for content editing without get into the engine and edit in hard code.

Please give me some advices for my purpose. Thank you everyone !
10-01-2020 01:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RedcrowProd Offline

RE: Game description text system
You can use the database class for that if you want to use sql, else you can use the file system, you can also check the xml api doc to see if that would help
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2020 03:37 PM by RedcrowProd.)
10-01-2020 03:34 PM
Houge Offline

I'd recommend SQLite, it's easy and EE already knows how to work with it.
10-05-2020 03:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

Anyone gimme instruction how to use sqlite in esenthel. I tried to #include sqlite3.h in esenthel editor but doesnt work.

10-06-2020 07:44 AM
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

Ah, yes, it is in tutorial
10-06-2020 08:50 AM