About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Requirements Handling
skumar Offline

Requirements Handling
I know that Esenthel needs a good graphics card for showing its treasures. My question is that , what will happen if the requirements(not directx or physx) are not met. Consider an on board grahics, which have no or limited support to sm2.0 .

what will the app do- Will it crash or a fallback is there...so i can run my app on any pc...just sacrificing the quality....???

I havent started coding on this....but im ready for the leap

Thanx in advance
01-17-2009 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
craksy Offline

Re: Requirements Handling
i am not sure what you mean, but all graphic cards support directX (allmost)...
and you can just make some graphic settings, for "bad" computers ...
just disabling shadows, and updating grass/leafes, should do alot! also i am sure that theres alot of other stuff you can disable/turn down..

and i guess, if the comp aint powerfull enough to run what ever your making, it will just lag, or crash... in worst case freeze your comp!

again: i am not sure if i understanded your question...
01-17-2009 07:50 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

at this age most of the video cards support at least SM2.0,

but if it happens that you try to run Esenthel Engine on a card without SM2.0 it will show a message box, that says "required card not found", and it will exit.
01-17-2009 11:27 AM
skumar Offline

Thanx crasky for your quick reply..

I will detail. Im from India(Kerala State) and we here have a lot of computers without graphics card but the motherboard has on board graphics, which may not be powerful enough like gfx card. I may not even support pixel shaders. My onboard graphics doesnt do ps works.

Im presently programming with irrlicht engine, developing a architectural previsualization service. We are supplying a redistributable form of presentation and an Expo mode presentation.The target machine of the latter is specified and thats ok that they will only run on good machines. But the distributable exes , we can't predict the target machine...so my app should have adaptations.

What i asked is , is there any inbuilt handling of such situation or i should do it.....???

Hope the question is clear....
01-17-2009 11:35 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

check my previous post
01-17-2009 11:39 AM