About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: What's the best option?
Stick with Esenthel
Titan Simple
Titan RGB
Titan Blue
Something Else
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Changing Engine's Name and Logo
Esenthel Online
Administrator

Changing Engine's Name and Logo
I am contemplating changing of engine's name and logo smile
Please let me know what you think:

Simple    

RGB    

Blue    
02-19-2022 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

RE: Changing Engine's Name and Logo
Wow, this name and logo shape look and sound impressive imo, but will it be any major plan for engine improvement/upgrade ? or just the name and logo ?
02-19-2022 05:10 PM
Esenthel Online
Administrator

Only name and logo for now smile
02-19-2022 05:40 PM
Dwight Offline

The use of 3 different colors imply a trinity of building stones or block of which the engine consists. I don't think it would make much sense.

The first logo makes the most sense! I voted for that one!
02-19-2022 07:29 PM
Argoon Offline

I'm not a Esenthel user but personally I think it has room for improvement, this is my opinion/suggestions:

IMO Titan is a generic name, Esenthel is not perfect, is hard to pronounce (at lest for me) paints the engine as a RPG focused one but as one good feature, is very unique, Titan is so common, that is already used by another engine.

https://www.moddb.com/engines/titan-engine

Search for Esenthel on MODDB and only yours will show up.

Also the logo IMO compared to the original more organic, friendly one, has a very aggressive look to it and immediately reminded me of a diamond, is that the intention? Search for diamond logo on google and you will see what i mean.
But If you really like it, use it but imo, you can keep the logo essence but give some roundness to it, remove those sharp points.

something like this

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/...f=1&nofb=1

look how those wings don't end on sharp points.

About the colors, imo using colors on a logo will diminish the amount of background colors it will work on, so you need to test that very well.

Also see how small you need to make it, without the logo fusing together and those breaks/spaces in the image and fonts totally vanish.

Sorry if this sounds too critical and perhaps not what you wanted to hear, I'm just being honest and trying to help, but you do what you want to do, just my two cents, also sorry for any gramma mistakes, English, is not my main language, cheers.
02-19-2022 08:32 PM
RedcrowProd Offline

really like the white logo, while i agree that the name is a bit generic but i got nothing against it !
02-19-2022 11:08 PM
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

Indeed, after a while, thinking about changing engine name, I prefer Esenthel, because it is really unique, then now I suggest just change logo of esenthel, hehe
02-20-2022 04:01 AM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Not a fan of the name Titan tbh, I'd stick with Esenthel as it's Unique and stands out. Changing the Logo might be a good idea, freshen things up a bit.

If this is an attempt to attract more users I'd suggest producing a collection of short but high quality videos of examples of popular video game genres you construct with the engine, prominantly displayed on your site. They don't need to be fully fledged games by any means, just sufficient to produce say a 1 minute representative video of each.

This would in my opinion be the quickest way of demonstrating both the flexability and quality of the engine and firing up peoples interest. I think this would have more impact than simply changing the name, but would obviously take a lot more work on your part.

It's what lies behind the name that really matters, not the name itself, so to my mind you need to impress potential new users when they first visit the site. A name just gets them there.

Having said that, it's your engine and I'll certainly support whatever you finally decide to do.
02-20-2022 11:49 AM
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

The background image of this site and new Esenthel logo font looks rock !!!! Now I vote for it! LONG LIVE Esenthel
Sorry for changing my mind like that, but new look is great, just stick with EE
Hmmm how can I revote this thread?)
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2022 01:22 AM by tipforeveryone.)
02-21-2022 01:19 AM
Esenthel Online
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback everyone smile
So I'm thinking, about keeping Esenthel as the developer name, and Titan as the engine name.
Just updated source on GitHub, where you can test the changes.

I've included all Logos here: https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi...ssets/Logo
So you can use which one you like.

And here you have helper class to draw Titan RGB logo in your game easily: https://github.com/Esenthel/EsenthelEngi...Gui.h#L145
Example how to use in this tutorial:
UID(4089343354, 1103115244, 1677019780, 1101269419) /* Apps\07 - Misc\Application States */
02-21-2022 11:43 AM
RedcrowProd Offline

can we have a darker theme for the website btw ? its so bright my eyes hurt sometimes when i stay here too long pfft
02-23-2022 04:05 AM
Esenthel Online
Administrator

When I changed the background image few days ago, I've also reduced the white panel brightness too.
For now I think I won't have time to do any more tweaks.
You can reduce brightness of your monitor, or turn on Night Light in Windows OS.
02-23-2022 04:07 AM