About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Material Detail Color
GlyphTheWolf Offline

Material Detail Color
Hi,

I have maybe dumb question.

I found this engine like few days ago and it seems to be very solid and have a lot of features already, so I decided to try it out.

After checking some tutorial projects I created my own test project and started to do some tests myself.

I imported some models I already done before and tried to setup materials. Most things seems to work fine, but I have trouble with "Detail Color".

I expected that I will set base texture for "Color" and some pattern for "Detail Color" to be blended with base "Color" texture, but when I assign any image to "Detail Color" it is getting gray.

Does "Detail Color" works differently than I thought? How I am supposed to set some color pattern for my character if assigning any image to "Detail Color" makes it gray for some reason?

Thank you for your help in advance.
05-13-2022 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tipforeveryone Offline
Bronze Supporter

RE: Material Detail Color
Welcome to Titan engine !

Detail color in Titan Engine material add a layer on top essential textures, it makes the material look more "detail" when get closer. e.g: look really close to a white painted wall you can see it is not really white, there are many small gray dot and such.

You should use tiling texture for the best result, because most of time you have to increase UV scale to get the right detail
05-14-2022 05:20 AM
GlyphTheWolf Offline

Ah, ok. So assumption about detail is different than I thought.

Well, anyway in that case I see I can use variations to give character different patterns as I would like to.

Thank you for reply!
05-14-2022 01:00 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Welcome! smile
Detail Color affects the base color, however only in terms of luminance.
Yup! Mesh Variations are the way to go.
05-14-2022 02:49 PM