About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Error when trying to compile tutorial examples
TwoCats Offline

Error when trying to compile tutorial examples
Hello,

So, I've reinstalled Titan and am using Visual Studio 2022, which *should* work as the instructions say 2017 or higher.

I checked off the illustrated options when installing it.

Titan recognizes and loads the correct path to VS.

However, when I try to compile any of the tutorial lessons, I get the following in the message console:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(2695​,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v17.0\Microsoft.Windows.UI.X​aml.Cpp.targets" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\WindowsXaml\v17.0\Microsoft.Windows.UI.X​aml.Cpp.targets" is correct, and that the file exists on disk. [S:\GameDev\Titan\Projects\_Build_\1 - Basic App\Project.vcxproj]

I'm just learning to program, though am mostly a graphics artist/world builder... so I have no idea how to interpret that error.

What do I need to do to make it work correctly?

Thank you!
09-03-2023 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Error when trying to compile tutorial examples
Hi, yes VS 2022 is supported. Perhaps you haven't selected all necessary components during VS installation.
https://esenthel.com/?id=doc#Compilers
09-03-2023 02:42 AM
TwoCats Offline

I went down the list of options when installing and matched it to your list on that page. Multiple times, too. Uninstalled and reinstalled VS, etc.

I've gotten it to work fine in the past.
But for some reason, this time I can't.

Is there anything different I have to do since I'm on Windows 11, maybe? That's the only difference. I was on Win10 last time, and it worked fine.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2023 03:53 AM by TwoCats.)
09-03-2023 03:31 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I really don't know, for me it works fine.
Maybe you could google for this problem, as it looks like some generic VS issue, not really Esenthel specific.
09-03-2023 02:16 PM