About Store Forum Documentation Contact

a couple of wishes - Updated
craksy Offline

a couple of wishes - Updated
heres are a couple of wishes:
  • more info in world editor description.. so far i havent been able to make anything in there :S[/list:u]
    • effects like smoke, and a particle genrator[/list:u]
      • tutorials written with more info for those people (like me) who have never worked with 3D programming before[/list:u]
        • more file formats supported by converter, like .obj to .mesh, and such[/list:u]
          • more file formats supported by the engine - the more formats it supports the less need we would have of the converter smile[/list:u]
            • mirror function, in mesh editor! it would make rigging alot easier[/list:u]
              • some sort of auto naming for the bones, where it just asks for the "Body" bone fx. and then names the rest of the bones
                automaticly.
                [/list:u]
                • Auto fill map with trees, from different values, like "amount" and such... would like to see both in engine, and world editor[/list:u]
                  • you keeping up the good work, on the Esenthel engine wink [/list:u]

Color discription:
                    Not supported/implemented
                    Working on it/considering
                    allready added/supported
                    not sure
12-16-2008 02:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: a couple of wishes
Quote:more info in world editor description.. so far i havent been able to make anything in there :S
thanks I'll add that, generally you should start with pressing Insert key on the grid to create a heightmap, the rest is pushing the buttons

Quote:effects like smoke, and a particle genrator
have you checked "rendering/particles" tutorial?

Quote:tutorials written with more info for those people (like me) who have never worked with 3D programming before
there are more than 100 tutorials, so please pick 3 tutorials for a start, and I'll document them more

Quote:more file formats supported by converter, like .obj to .mesh, and such
importing meshes should be handled in the Mesh Editor (please check the docs and the tool)

Quote:more file formats supported by the engine - the more formats it supports the less need we would have of the converter smile
please type what specific formats do you need

Quote:you keeping up the good work, on the Esenthel engine wink
thanks, I'm sure gonna do that
12-16-2008 01:05 PM
craksy Offline

Quote:thanks I'll add that, generally you should start with pressing Insert key on the grid to create a heightmap, the rest is pushing the buttons
yea i figured some of it out, but theres still stuff theres a little unclear...

Quote:have you checked "rendering/particles" tutorial?
nah.. sorry, didnt see that one! pretty cool actually grin

Quote:there are more than 100 tutorials, so please pick 3 tutorials for a start, and I'll document them more
'
the character tutorial, maybe something on general expresions like for those who dont really know about vectors, matrix's (spell?), and stuff like that.
also maybe a tutorial on how to put it all together, like having a .cpp for the menu, one for the actual game, and so on, and then making the different sources work together...

Quote:importing meshes should be handled in the Mesh Editor (please check the docs and the tool)
yea ok, ill be sure to check it out grin

Quote:please type what specific formats do you need
well, in maya, without a plug-in, the only file format which can contain stuff like rigging, and animations, is .fbx.
it would be cool, if the engine could support that in a future version smile

Quote:thanks, I'm sure gonna do that
YAY grin thanks smile
12-17-2008 04:58 PM
craksy Offline

sorry for double posting but i just have a couple of aditions to my wish list:

1. mirror function, in mesh editor! it would make rigging alot easier grin
2. some sort of auto naming for the bones, where it just asks for the "Body" bone fx. and then names the rest of the bones automaticly.
also as an addition to my other wish, you could let, it change names when you mirror it, so if named the bones on the first side, of the mesh, then it would just change L, and R in the bone names (if you understand? kinda bad explanation :S)
12-17-2008 07:19 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Quote:the character tutorial, maybe something on general expresions like for those who dont really know about vectors, matrix's (spell?), and stuff like that.
also maybe a tutorial on how to put it all together, like having a .cpp for the menu, one for the actual game, and so on, and then making the different sources work together...
ok I'll see what I can do, as for putting it together, check tutorial "advanced\projects\simple project"

Quote:well, in maya, without a plug-in, the only file format which can contain stuff like rigging, and animations, is .fbx.
it would be cool, if the engine could support that in a future version smile
thanks for the info, collada is on my task list, and will be supported in the future, but first more important things smile
12-18-2008 05:52 PM
craksy Offline

Re: a couple of wishes - Updated
updated the first post... from now on ill just update that one, if i have new wishes
12-21-2008 06:58 PM