About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Mesh Editor & Animations
Brainache Offline

Mesh Editor & Animations
Hello,

I am working on getting some of our meshes & animations converted to Esenthel... I have them in .X format fully rigged and animated. When I bring them into Mesh Editor... The rigging appears to be lost.

1) Does Esenthel use the vertex assignment in the .X file? (if so.. what do you think I could be doing wrong?)

2) Several different animations are in each file - how can I seperate them out ( or do I need to?)

3) Do I need to use the bone naming convention in the Esenthel docs ( if I am not using the animations included w/esenthel)

4) In a previous post, you mentioned that .X files generate automatic materials... I am not seeing that - How do I utilize this feature?

Thanks

Another
12-15-2008 04:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: Mesh Editor & Animations
Hi

1) Yes, everything is imported from .x file

2) Currently only one animation is supported while importing the .x file (maybe that's causing the issue), if you'd like to be able to import several animations from one file, please send me a sample file with multiple animation as a base to work on (it doesn't have to be exactly your mesh - just a sample)

3) You only need it when you plan to use the model as Game::Chr class, or other provided animations, but it's still encouraged to use standarized naming across all your skeletons

4) Yes it does support automatic materials creation, make sure you select exporting UV mapping coordinates, and have the textures in the same place as the .x file

And my questions:
1.What 3D Software are you using?
2.What .x exporter are you using?
3.Make sure that you select the following options (UV mapping, animation keyframes, and other similar)

If this won't work please send me a sample file and I'll see personally what's the problem.
12-15-2008 12:22 PM
Brainache Offline

Hey there,

I am modelling in Silo, and animating in Fragmotion.

I am using Fragmotion's built in .X exporter.

I'll send you a sample file if you dont mind and see if you are having any issues with it...

Thanks
12-15-2008 05:59 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Ok, I'll wait for the file
12-15-2008 06:09 PM