About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: What do you think about the new forum?
It's great! let's keep it grin
I don't like it... we should keep the old one.
the forums should be split in languages like before...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The new forum
craksy Offline

The new forum
alright this is part test, and part diskussion.
Wanna see if the new forum is alright, and make sure there is no problems with posting and so on.
and i would like to hear you guys opinions about it xD

Imo. it's great... even though i'm used to phpBB this seems very similar and should be easy to get used to grin
and it got the "mark this forum as read" function grin i really missed it on the other forum pfft

so... what do you think? drop a vote, and a comment please smile
10-15-2009 08:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barthap Offline

RE: The new forum
Great forum! For me myBB is easier to use than phpBB 3. I can add new posts without reloading full page for AJAX technology (asynchronous javascript and xml). Look for forum logo then click refresh and look for logo!
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2009 08:42 PM by Barthap.)
10-15-2009 08:39 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I like it more, the default theme looks more professional than the old forums. I hope it will be more stable than the previous one, and I also hope that now with 1 language only the community will get more integrated smile
10-15-2009 08:42 PM
craksy Offline

yeah grin
larger community = win grin
but theres no chat pfft think you can get a mod/plug-in or something, or maybe make an IRC? i was really starting to like the chat pfft
10-15-2009 09:09 PM
Barthap Offline

larger community, easier to use for me, new web technologies (=easier to use), this forum is hmmm... nice... good...
IRC=good idea
10-15-2009 09:23 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

ill look for it
10-15-2009 09:24 PM
Sarrene Offline

I likes! This is very nice and love the look/feel of it. Yet, as craksy said, I feel like something is missing.. oh, the chat! smile

Nice work and I say keep it. Twilight is my favorite theme. Has that Dev/Game professional feel to it. Yet, easy on the eyes.
10-17-2009 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecoder Offline

The new forum is great, good job Esenthel! grin The theme is very professional and clean so it's really nice. smile

Hmmmm... what should I put to my signature? Any ideas?
10-17-2009 10:23 AM
Mikesanimation Offline

I really like the part about using only one language, because it does expand the community by quite a bit, but to be honest I think I liked the feel of the old forums a bit better. But yeah, I say keep it definitely.
10-19-2009 06:52 AM
craksy Offline

i really like the new forum, but i wish you would have kept the old one open, for the chat pfft
think you could make a chat on this forum? pfft
you could have an IRC, and have one of those java applets, and people could choose to use the java applet, or their own IRC software? :/
would be really nice... at least i really enjoyed our conversations in the chat.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2009 09:38 AM by craksy.)
10-24-2009 09:38 AM
Sarrene Offline

I have to agree with Craksy. I was just thinking that to myself as I was checking the forums last night. I miss the chats as well. I got to talk and meet people I probably would not have if not for the chat room.

I was really enjoying things here, as well as posting. Chatting is just not quite the same as posting. It gave more a community feel.

Mikesanimation.. I changed the template from Default to Twilight. It has, to me, more the essenthel feel from the old forum, but has all the great features of this new one (minus the chat). I prefer the dark theme more myself, as its easier on the eyes for me, and has more the old feeling. I think they have about four different themes you can choose from inside the Control panel.

Peace,
Sarrene'
10-24-2009 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
craksy Offline

ok i got this error when trying to post a new thread in the support forum: Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button.
i thought it wasn't that big, so i tried just with "test" for the subject and body, but it still gave me the error

think you could fix this please? pfft
10-25-2009 02:06 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

what's the size of the uploaded file?
10-25-2009 06:38 PM
iamcreasy Offline

is it possible to add the another column, showing who is the thread starter?

it is pretty handy, and helps great, when, someone is going to skim the forum.
10-26-2009 12:12 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

the thread author is listed just below the thread name
10-26-2009 01:07 PM