About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Question regarding Indoor scenes
Impz0r Offline

Question regarding Indoor scenes
Hey there I'm right now in the process of evaluating 3d engines for our new project and so far Esenthel seems to have we asked for.

Therefore I downloaded the SDK and played a litle with it. And the question raised if it is possible to build indoor scenes only. We wanna build a game with random generated indor levels build of tiles mixed together in a pseudo random generated way.

So the question is: is Esenthel capable of building an entire level out of a douzend tilles combined into a big mesh and then used as the playable level?
(Think Diablo, random generated Dungeon build of couple premade mesh tiles)

Thanks in advance!

Mfg Imp
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2009 01:57 PM by Impz0r.)
10-23-2009 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Question regarding Indoor scenes
Yes it is

If you dont need random generator then you can just place the tiles as static objects with "const" or "embed into terrain" access mode into the World Editor.

But if you want to randomly generate the locations then you just need to manually handle placing and later drawing of the meshes.
10-23-2009 02:11 PM
Impz0r Offline

Thanks Esenthel, I'm not quite sure if i had explained my self very well.

Well to clarify my question abit. What we want to archive is building an entire level out of pre defined tile meshes. We will have a random generator who is able to generate over a couple params a every time an all new level.

So we have say 10 tile meshes in equal size, say 64x64, and we now want them combine into one big mesh to use it as our new level. We don't have any use for a terrain thus way.

Is this possible and also have full collision dectection for this all new built level mesh?

Thanks in advance.

Mfg Imp
10-23-2009 02:53 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Yes, I understand you at first time.

Quote:But if you want to randomly generate the locations then you just need to manually handle placing and later drawing of the meshes.
With this I was refering to placing the meshes in the custom game mesh container of your own level (not the World Editor).

Yes you can also have support for collision detection, you just need to pregenerate a physical body for each mesh separately, and then when using certain mesh, use also its physical body.

check tutorials for drawing meshes and creating actors from physical bodies.
10-23-2009 02:58 PM