About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Forest Valley
Harry Offline

RE: Forest Valley
(04-06-2011 05:04 PM)Terry Morgan Wrote:  It doesn't run, it says 'can't load world cewiat' . Google
translate doesn't work either, my Forest Valley version is from April 3 2009.

This error was in old version on some computers because I used polish signs. The real name of file shoud be not 'cewiat' but 'świat' what means 'world' smile I sent you newer beta version without this problem.
04-06-2011 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Truelegend Offline

I will be doing like prison break game too. But in Sona.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 09:58 AM by Truelegend.)
04-08-2011 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

Hello everyone!

I decided to upload soon newest playable version of FV. I've added lots of new things including: weather system, simple missions, some interiors, equipment, prison alarm (with suprise smile ) and some other things. Because of this event I prepared short movie which shows how the game look has changed through 5 years (almost like Duke Nukem Forever grin). I'll hope you'll enjoy the movie and the demo smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzx_HTiYXc
09-16-2011 02:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yvanvds Offline

Impressive. Care to explain how you did the rain effect/weather system?
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 02:18 PM by yvanvds.)
09-16-2011 02:17 PM
Harry Offline

Now weather system based mostly on Day Night Cycle tutorial. I added more parameters which change at some hours like volumetric clouds or fog density or sun color. I keep all in one structure. Rain is just particles which is drawn in a box which I glue to the player (it moves and rotates along with player). I don't create them in Particle Editor but in codes so I can control number of single particles and rain can smoothly start and end. Weather changes when game occured some random hour (I rewrite tl[] array (you'll find it in Day Night Cycle tutorial) of parameters with proper to weather values).
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 02:34 PM by Harry.)
09-16-2011 02:29 PM
Harry Offline

Ok, as I wrote and as you saw on the movie I want to give you ability to check the newest version of Forest Valley. You can find download link on the first page smile

All comments are welcome. If you'll find some bugs or have some suggestions please write here smile

Known bugs:

1. Player can't move in random places and random situations. I tried find what's wrong but I have only some clues that it could be connected with charactes/NPC's or isolations which are under the prison.

2. Game sometimes crash after exit to main menu or exit from game. I don't have time today to find what's wrong.

3. When Player is too far from the prison some mission signs disappear. I'm foing to fix this when I'll be creating built-in Mission Editor.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011 10:05 PM by Harry.)
09-23-2011 10:00 PM
Tottel Offline

Nice, thanks! Downloading now. smile
09-23-2011 10:50 PM
Tobbo Offline

I like this project a lot. Would you mind explaining a little bit about how you accomplished the flying birds in the background? It looks great! Keep it going.
10-18-2011 03:50 AM
Harry Offline

Thanks smile It's just particles with birds image.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2011 08:06 PM by Harry.)
10-18-2011 08:05 PM
Jben Offline

I am impressed! grin
10-30-2011 08:24 PM
Harry Offline

Hi all,

I dropped this project long time ago (~2012) because I felt burnout and had another more important duties. At the end of 2019 I wanted to remind myslef the game and realized I can't run latest version on my Windows 10 and also can't recompile the code because for unknown reasons it had lots of minor issues. Becuase I was using old EE 1.0, which was no more supported I decided to migrate whole project to the latest version of the Engine. I did it for fun and thought it will be quick and easy because EE did not change much from API perspective through the years. I quickly realized there were lots of bugs, some caused by changes in the Engine, some existed in the past and I just found them. I was also not satisfied from some mechanics I implemented in the past so I decided to rewrite them and improve at least a little bit.

This took me over 2 months but it is there - unexpected Forest Valley v0.34 with one unpublished new feature, which is Mission Editor lol

The project is now officialy closed. I archived everything and do not plan to go back to it. Nevertheless I had a lot of fun and reminded good old days smile

You can download it from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O3mn7J...ZUwIn9cOFa

Password to the archive is: fv034

P.S. To enable custom missions you have to switch Custom Mission (or something like that) property in config file (it is created after first exit from the game) to 1. Otherwise the game will use default 4 missions.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020 01:00 PM by Harry.)
03-15-2020 12:58 PM
Pixel Perfect Offline

Congrats on updating and completing your game and putting it up for us all to try.

I'm having a little difficulty at the beginning when selecting weapons from the Wardrobe and trying to equip them. As soon as I do I get the message: Bone "Grip" not found in Ragdoll. It then crashes to the desktop when I close the message box.
03-15-2020 04:31 PM
Harry Offline

(03-15-2020 04:31 PM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  I'm having a little difficulty at the beginning when selecting weapons from the Wardrobe and trying to equip them. As soon as I do I get the message: Bone "Grip" not found in Ragdoll. It then crashes to the desktop when I close the message box.

What a shame grin Please redownload the game. I uploaded a hotfix.

(03-15-2020 04:31 PM)Pixel Perfect Wrote:  Congrats on updating and completing your game and putting it up for us all to try.

Thank you, but please keep in mind it is completed but not finished. There were a lot of plans and mechanics, which I wanted to have in this game. I just wanted to feel that this chapter is officialy closed. I don't like to feel I have something unfinished smile
03-15-2020 06:01 PM