About Store Forum Documentation Contact

World Editor Import
katoun Offline

World Editor Import
Hello.
Dose the the WE import button work?
If yes what can it import.
It is posible to create lets say in 3dMax a building, clone it, roatete and translate the clones in a level, export it as Collada, import the building in Mesh editor, save it as a mesh for the engine and then import the scene in the Worl Editor with the corect positions ans roatations of the cloned building?
If not how would it be the easyest way to do this?

Thank you.
11-18-2009 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: World Editor Import
Hi,

The "Import" option in main menu is for importing only the World but in old format (it was once a one file *.wrld), actually this option will be removed in the next engine version.

However you can import buildings and other big objects.
Just import them from 3ds max to Mesh Editor, save as mesh, and then use the mesh in World Editor (you can do rotations and scaling in WE), for big objects please make sure to check "object access mode = embed into terrain"
11-18-2009 02:27 PM
katoun Offline

And I save all the buildings as one mesh ?
Can I edit different physics for different building(sections or as they are named) ?
11-18-2009 02:30 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can use one mesh or many

physics-
if the model is complex I suggest using - phys body from mesh
you can exclude some parts of the mesh from the phys body, by selecting option in the menu mesh\flags\no_phys (or something like that) search in menu please
11-18-2009 02:45 PM
katoun Offline

I am trying to find a fast way to import into the World Editor for example 200 building everyone being seen by the WE as different and separate objects.
Is this posible or I will have to export 200 buildings and than import 200 buildings in the Mesh Editor, save 200 meshes and that import 200 meshes in the World Editor and manualy place them in the scene?
11-18-2009 03:02 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

you can do it at once if they will be 1 object (1 mesh)
for 200 hundred objects/meshes you'd need to either do it manually, or use World Editor source codes (this requires professional license)
11-18-2009 03:12 PM
katoun Offline

Well a powerfull feature for the Tools would be to actualy be able to Import a world from Collada, because Collada is capable of saving objects with vertexed referencet to the object pivot and each object have a pos, rot and scale in the scene. Plus it is posible to save Phsycs information for the objects in the scene, lights, cameras, sounds and particle effect.
They cloud be Imported in the WE, edit the object type by the need and than have a save that saves not only the wold but all the object, meshes, materials, skeletons, animations and textures. Whell a combination of the Mesh Editor and the World Editor.

Regards.
11-18-2009 03:24 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

thanks for the idea.
11-18-2009 03:38 PM