About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Questions
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My Questions
  • Is there a way to change the character with which text is replaced for password mode textline controls? Or is it always "*"?

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
02-03-2010 10:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

not at the moment
02-03-2010 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

• Is WindowIO::user the "user" parameter passed to the save/load callbacks or is this something else?

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

02-04-2010 07:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

yes it is
02-04-2010 07:50 PM
Masterxilo Offline

• What's the value of Gui.ms if no real gui object has mouse focus? How do I find that out?

02-04-2010 08:40 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

NULL or Gui.desktop

you can also check Gui.ms_lit
02-04-2010 08:41 PM
Masterxilo Offline

This is something not really EE specific:
How do I implement template class methods correctly?
I have this:
test.h
Code:
#pragma once
#include "stdafx.h"

TEMPLATE
class MyClass
{
public:
    void doNothing(const TYPE& param);
};
test.cpp
Code:
#include "stdafx.h"
#include "test.h"  

TEMPLATE
void MyClass<TYPE>::doNothing(const TYPE& param)
{
    // VOID
}
main:
Code:
#include "test.h"
MyClass<Flt> test;
test.doNothing(0.3);

This produces a linker compiling about "unresolved external public: void __thiscall MyClass<float>::doNothing(float const &)" (?doNothing@?$MyClass@M@@QAEXABM@Z)".

If I put the implementation in the header (test.h) right under the class declaration, everything works fine, but I really WANT the implementations to be in a separate file.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010 09:20 PM by Masterxilo.)
02-04-2010 09:19 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

no you can't do the template method implementation in other file.
it must be in the header
02-04-2010 09:38 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Oh, didn't know that. But thinking about it, it seems logical (you can't compile TEMPLATE functions into a lib/dll, they're just text replacement).

02-04-2010 09:39 PM
Masterxilo Offline

What is "Bool *is" in Combobox::setData used for?

02-05-2010 08:19 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

it can hide some elements when you set is[i]=false
02-06-2010 03:21 AM
Masterxilo Offline

• How do I set the "Old" color of the color picker?
  • What is Gui.skin used for?
  • How can I change the "highlight color" of gui items? (right now, this seems to be some bright blue)
  • Doesn't D.clear support colors with alpha transparency? (I tried to clear the screen in solid blue first, then with half transparent red, but it was just solid)
  • Can Gui Labels ("Text") also have descriptions?
  • It looks like somehow gui windows can be made transparent and blur what is behind them. How do I activate this effect?
  • Is there a way to set the distance of descriptions (the textbox that appears when you hover a gui object for some time) from the mouse cursor? (because in my opinion they are too far away from the mouse cursor right now)
  • Why is there no "changed()" function for the slider control? Could you please add that?
  • Why does changing some images of the Gui.class (e.g. Gui.image_win_close) have no effect on existing entities using this image (only newly created windows will use the changed close button image), while others (e.g. Gui.image_win_bar) DO have direct influence even on existing controls?
    I'd like ALL the images to be changeable at runtime for existing objects so the design can be changed easily in realtime.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2010 08:52 PM by Masterxilo.)
02-06-2010 04:01 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. I dont understand
2. its a custom value basing on which you can set custom graphics at application startup, Esenthel RPG had 3 gui skins (changable through the menu) that was it
3. check 'Gui' members and members for each Gui Object component (search for kb_lit or something like that)
4. no, only full clears, for partial clears you can draw a transparent rectangle
5. yes but you need to set text from rectangle (not Vec2 pos) so mouse will detect collision
6. check bloody massacre (GuiStyle::back_color,blur_color)
9. no, some images are set at object creation and some are used only from Gui...
02-07-2010 09:59 PM
Masterxilo Offline

1. There are two colored rectangles in the color picker. One showing the actual current color, the other one showing the "old" color (I guess this is supposed to be the color that was set when the color picker was closed the last time). Is there any command to change this color?

8. All the other gui elements have a changed() method. I really need this for the slider control.

02-07-2010 10:33 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. no, it is remembered when you start the color picker window
8. ok I can add this, but it is recommended to use 'func' instead
02-07-2010 10:51 PM