About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My Questions
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My Questions
Is there an existing method to check if a Vec2 is inside a Rect or do I have to wrtie that function myself?

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
02-09-2010 11:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

I'm not sure if there is a function available for that but when I needed it, I just wrote the code. It's simply 4 equality tests.

If (Vec2.x < Rect.x0) then false
if (Vec2.x > Rect.x1) then false
if (Vec2.y < Rect.y0) then false
if (Vec2.y > Rect.y1) then false
otherwise true
02-10-2010 12:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

But there is no builtin function in the rect or vec2 class? I just wondered because there are so many useful premade functions (Rect::center() for example).

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

02-10-2010 12:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

inside math/rectangle.h
Bool Cuts(Vec2 &point,Rect &rect); // if point cuts rectangle
02-10-2010 01:11 AM
Masterxilo Offline

• What's the max_length parameter of textWidth() used for? Is this the maximum amount of characters to look at for the width calculation (so textWidth("Hello World", 5) will be the same as textWidth("Hello"))?
  • Do custom shaders/materials work in the mesh editor and the world editor?

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2010 02:39 AM by Masterxilo.)
02-13-2010 09:12 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1.yes
2.they can work in WE if you have pro license
02-15-2010 03:15 PM
Masterxilo Offline

But not with the personal one (200$)? Do they also not work in the material editor?

02-15-2010 09:39 PM
Masterxilo Offline

• Do custom shaders work in the material editor? Always or only with Pro?
  • Which documentation is more up-to-date, the included "Documentation.chm" file or the wiki? Are they synced somehow?

03-15-2010 11:14 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. custom shaders can work in material editor in World Editor with pro license (however it don't allow to add custom gui controls to the material window)
2. I always update the two simultaneously, but sometimes wiki has more recent info (until the latest sdk release is uploaded)
03-15-2010 11:19 PM
Masterxilo Offline

I saw that you are planning to add/working on adding a dx 10 and/or dx 11 renderer.
  • Will the dx 9 renderer still be selectable? Will one be able to choose the renderer?
  • What visual/graphical features will you add with the implementation of the two? I hope you'll add the tessellation feature of dx 11. But are there other things that will graphically improve?

03-20-2010 12:58 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

dx9 will still be available

I'm planning to make separate EsenthelEngine DX10.lib files

so you can build 2 exe's

1st for DX9
2nd for DX10-DX11 (dx10 and 11 are similar so they will work together in 1 exe)

in dx10 I'll try to enable hardware accelerated anti-aliasing (multi sampling) this supposedly should be faster than super sampling from dx9, but that will require testing
dx10 also provides better system for managing shader parameters, which should slightly increase performance (but that will require testing if it actually increase it)
and dx11 provides mainly tesselation
03-20-2010 02:01 AM
Masterxilo Offline

• Is there a command/setting to make the game window centered at creation/startup (right now it's always created in the upper left corner of the screen)? Or do I have to use win api commands to center the window?
  • What's the difference between the "Separate parts rendering 2 - Skeleton.cpp" and the "Separate parts rendering 3 - Controlled Skeleton.cpp" tutorial? They both seem to have the same result...

03-20-2010 10:30 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

set App.x,y in InitPre (names may be not exactly 'x'y')

result is the same but they work in different way
03-20-2010 10:31 PM
Masterxilo Offline

What's the difference between App.desktopW and App.screenW?

03-20-2010 10:51 PM
monolith Offline

I'd guess one tells you the desktop width (which in computers with multiple monitors is a very large number) and the other is the actual width of the application (if it's fullscreen, then it tells you the width of the screen it currently occupies).
03-20-2010 11:18 PM