About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Extended Water Editor
Harry Offline

Extended Water Editor
Opportunity to change texture color and another parameters for each lake/river separately or for group lakes/rivers. Maybe new file format? .wtrs (water settings pfft)
12-07-2009 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kevin Offline

RE: Extended Water Editor
I would appreciate this, too!
And I noticed that the new water can be really performance intensive.
If I have it in field of view with transparency/multipass there is at least a performance loss of 10 fps... :-\
12-07-2009 07:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thecoder Offline

Acually whole engine is really performance heavy, it's a little strange that simple nature demo from SDK is running much slower than any modern game on very high settings. :(
12-07-2009 08:00 PM
Harton Offline

I must admit right. I had to change the hardware to make the game because even the little extras greatly reduced the speed of the engine ... :( Why?
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2009 09:12 PM by Harton.)
12-07-2009 09:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kevin Offline

Actually the performance of a scene with huge terrain and view range of about 170is quite good. My scene also have more than 100 trees and the performance is acceptable as well (50-100fps) (without shadows).
But if I change to Multipass the performance goes to 30 fps (1920x1200)!
And without Multipass the water doesn't look that nice...
Shadow Maps (1024x1024 without softing) give a performance loss of 5-10 fps, what I would wish is to run my game in Multipass and Shadows at a framerate of 30...
So all in all I think the performance of the engine isn't that bad but it still can be improved wink
12-07-2009 09:49 PM