About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My List of Feature Requests
Masterxilo Offline

My List of Feature Requests
1.) Resizeable Gui Windows
(Optionally) resizeable gui windows would be a nice addition.
I know I can change their size trough code right now, but I'd like to be able to drag their borders.

2.) More Precise Tools
I'd like to be able to enter exact color channel values (as numbers) in the material editor.
You could make use of the color picker tool instead of the sliders for the colors in material editor (much easier & much more precise).

And the PhysX body scaling and positioning in mesh editor is quite inaccurate and difficult to do right now.

Also positioning, scaling and rotation in world editor is hard to do. Just make arrows like 3ds max/CryEngine Sanbox have them.
Status: either no, or not that important to be done anytime soon

3.) Resizeable Calculator.exe and Functions.exe window/application
(right now, the window size of both applications is fixed).
Status: resizeable functions - next release, calculator - no

4.) Make the tools save more settings
I would like all the programs (especially also mesh editor) to save all the (/more than they do right now)
settings I changed (e.g. things like "show identity matrix" I have to re-enable every time atm...).

5.) More functions for Calculator.exe
More functions for calculator. E.g. Dot() should also work for Vec4, not only Vec and Vec2...

6.) More precisely controllable DoF
It would be useful to be able to define near dof (start fading from blurred to sharp) and far dof (sharp to blurred)
distances instead of just a focus range and a power factor. With these two distances, you could
control exactly where the sharp region starts and ends and how long it takes till everything is blurred again. e.g.:
Code:
D.dofNear(5.0,6.0);
D.dofNear(10.0,11.0);
Would make the focus zone from 6m to 10m distance, after and before that blur increases to maximum in 1m.

7.) DoF (optionally) not to affect the sky

8.) Fog
Instead of/In addition to fog density (although this is the way it works in reality), I'd like to be able to define a
distance at which the fog starts and a distance after which everything should be completely foggy (= have the fog color).

9.) Terrain Colormaps
Ability to import COLORMAPS (not only heightmaps) in world editor (just noticed you can paint color,
so why not import an already painted color map?

10.) Low end renderer
Support for low end graphics cards/onboard chips (no sm2) when APP_NO_FX is flagged.
This would help mobile (labtop) development of simple things like GUI...

11.) Password replacement character
It would be nice (I think this is not too difficult to add) if there was way to change the character
with which text is replaced for password mode textline controls (instead of the default "*").

12.) Slider::changed()
changed() function for the slider control.

13.) GUI Images
The possibility to change ALL images used by the gui (also the button images etc.) should be
added to the "Gui style editor" (right now, one can only change the images used by windows)

14.) Font creation tool
It would be useful to have a font creation tool that does about what the "Font Make.cpp"
tutorial does but which has a GUI where one can select any font and size etc.
Status: "I've thought about it, and I'd like to add it, but not now"

15.) World editor environment options...
Have one set of environment options per project (data directory). It would also be cool to be
able to actually import these options in the project (or is that already easily possible? how?).
Status: Saving and loading these settings is already possible from within WE (there are Save and Load buttons on the Environment window). Loading these from code is "on the list".

16.) Base materials and materials extending these
For example, say I have a material called plastic.mtrl which has some settings (e.g. specular intensity).
I'd then like to create a material redPlastic.mtrl which extends this material, meaning it copies all
settings and overwrites some (for example the color).
This could work just like the world editor objects (.obj) can extend each other/be based on one another.

17.)Texture paint slope from-to in WE
Right now, afaik, one can limit the slope to only EITHER from 0° to x° OR from x° to 90°.
It would be nice to define a min and a max slope at the same time.
So one could paint on slopes from e.g. 30° to 60°...

18.) Min and max height for texture painting.
It would be useful to be able to define a minimum and maximum height for texture painting
(and not by entering two height values but by clicking on two points on the terrain).
Like this, painting snow on mountain tops or having sand on the beaches will be much easier.

19.) Water transparency in forward renderer
Right now, the (ocean) water is completely solid in forward renderer mode.
It shouldn't be too difficult to give it some transparency.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 01:40 AM by Masterxilo.)
12-19-2009 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My list
Added more, see first post.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:19 AM by Masterxilo.)
01-23-2010 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:19 AM by Masterxilo.)
01-27-2010 12:22 AM
Masterxilo Offline

For the terrain colormap: this would be really cool and very useful to make even better looking terrain (the new terrain ao feature already helped a LOT in that).
Many engines (CryEngine for example) use a base colormap for the terrain.
It wouldn't be too hard to add, I think, it basically works just like the heightmap but sets the color of each grid point instead of the y-position (height) of it.

Please, what do I need to do to get that added?

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:30 AM by Masterxilo.)
01-29-2010 08:34 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I can put it into my list, but I don't make any promise when it will be available
01-29-2010 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

OK, thanks for considering.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:29 AM by Masterxilo.)
01-31-2010 07:25 PM
Masterxilo Offline

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:32 AM by Masterxilo.)
02-03-2010 06:19 PM
Masterxilo Offline

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:34 AM by Masterxilo.)
02-13-2010 09:14 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Do you think a low end (no sm2 needed) version of the renderer could be added? Would you consider adding that?

03-18-2010 11:28 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

no
03-18-2010 11:54 PM
Masterxilo Offline

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2010 02:18 AM by Masterxilo.)
03-20-2010 12:06 AM
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My List of Feature Requests

04-04-2010 02:39 AM
Masterxilo Offline

Would you mind giving some feedback on the suggestions you didn't say anything to yet (those with status "unknown")?
Like, say why/why not you will (not) add this/think about adding it and if you'll add it, say till when?
Thanks in advance.

04-07-2010 09:12 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

3) resizable functions - next release, calculator - no
5) Dot for Vec4 in calculator - next release
11) I'll check this
13) you can do that manually
14) I've thought about it, and I'd like to add it, but not now (too busy..)
19) maybe someday

the rest is either no, or not that important to be done anytime soon
04-11-2010 11:05 AM
Masterxilo Offline

Thank you.

For 3):
Why not? Then could you at least make the input field scrollable or so? Or increase the default width (it's not very wide right now)?
Or add line breaks?

I can't type very long formulas like (well I can, but I don't see them anymore):
Code:
Vec4(1000,4,3,1.87)+Vec4(12213,122,1221,22)*Vec4(sin(12), cos(8), tan(1000),sqrt(8))
But I'd like to ( I can't even see the result of this).
It's a great tool otherwise.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2010 06:06 PM by Masterxilo.)
04-12-2010 01:45 AM