About Store Forum Documentation Contact

My List of Feature Requests
Masterxilo Offline

RE: My List of Feature Requests
As for 3) (above) I really use the calculator often and that it's not resizeable is the only bad thing about it. Wouldn't that be very easy to make (just add APP_RESIZEABLE and recompile)?

Some pretty small ones (mostly):
  1. For the built in explorer GUI window (you know the choose file/folder / load/save dialog of EE):
    1. Add a "Back"/"One folder up"/".." button, there's no way to know that this functionality is currently set to right click which is confusing to new users.
      Hitting the "Backspace" key should do the same (go one folder up) just like in windows explorer.
    2. "Create Directory" should ask for a name and not just take the name entered in the box above (or at least it's tooltip should say that, not just "with given name" but rather "with above name").
    3. Hovering over this GUI window's title bar should show current full path (it's almost always cut off right now and there's no other way to know in which folder you are).
    4. Add a close button (cross) that does the same as cancel (I usually cancel saving/loading through that button in windows too).
    5. Toggle showing hidden folders and files.
    6. Add a goto option where we can copy paste a path.
  2. Allow more than 3 functions in Functions tool.
  3. Add FloorPowN/NearestPowN/CeilPowN functions (not only ...Pow2).
  4. Add modification buttons ([^]) to the "Scale" setting and parameters of type "Real" in the Object editor of WE. Nearly every other number I can change has this useful button I can hold and then move the mouse to change the value, why do I have to enter things manually in these two places?
  5. Add support for colored shadows/shadowmaps/shadows of transparent objects. Like: http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php...urelight/, http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php...hadows-r48 or in StarCraft 2 (the crystals have blue shadows and some green smoke casts a green shadow!).
  6. Use the latest Doxygen version (produces much nicer interface) to create the API documentation and make the API documentation available online too (for referencing/mobile access).
  7. Make the all the tool's windows remember their position too (not only the window size, almost every other program does this).
    Make the Functions program also remember it's size and position (currently does neither). Make the Icon Maker window resizeable and not so high, not everyone has a screen which is 1000 pixels high.
  8. 64 bit DX 10+ version
  9. Make the OpenCollada importer read the transparency and set the technique accordingly. This should be easy: The transparency (=alpha value) is stored in a subkey of the material called
    Code:
    <transparency><float>0.26</float></transparency>
    and then you just need to add the logic to set the material technique to "Blend Light" if it's smaller than 1.
    ( http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=2974 )
  10. Make the save and load dialog remember the last location (at least while the program (ME) is running for the same mesh). Right now, I always have to start from where my imported source model file is saved.
  11. More terrain editing tools, especially a frequency slider for the Noise tool (not only two frequencies left<->right click) and a ramp tool which creates a flat ramp between two selected points (check out FC 2 mapeditor).
  12. Per object/instance color: This would allow doing color variations without creating new materials (e.g. have a red, green and blue Lego brick). The terrain supports it already (blend color (or is that vertex color? Anyways...)). Also, objects varying only in their color could still be rendered using GPU instancing: the color could be encoded in the fourth row/column of the transformation matrix which could be read in the shader!
  13. Real falling acceleration for the character (currently the falling speed is constant, looks dumb, even crysis had falling accel)! I know it's a PhysX limitation (used to be at least afaik), but there must be some way around. Or at least the maximum speed should be increased (I know there is some falling speed limit in real life in air, but it's not that low...).
  14. Minor: Editor should remember the current tool (always need to manually switch to WE currently) and the position and open/closed state of all tool windows (I prefer the "Material Brush" list to be on the top, currently I have to reposition it every time).
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2011 12:41 AM by Masterxilo.)
12-30-2010 06:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

What do you think?
01-03-2011 02:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

1. 2. description will be updated
1. 6. you can already paste a path and press Enter
4. Shift + RMB
6. I've tested latest version and it had problems processing some stuff, I will remove doxygen when Header Browser will be completed
9. please attach sample .max + .dae files and which collada exporter did you use
12. no, please use different materials
13. you can experiment with changing actor damping
01-03-2011 02:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

1.6. Oh, cool, would be useful to have a tooltip for, e.g. "Name/Path to jump to (press Enter)".
4. That works for the scaling, but not for the "Real"-type object properties, these need the modification button. And for consistency, you should add it to the scaling too. Also, what about non-uniform scale (useful for some types of objects)? Is that possible?
9. Hmm, appears to work now. Maybe I had messed up the editor somehow, but can't reproduce it right now.
12. That means one file per color, and the bricks have hundreds of different colors.

Thanks for the feedback!
What about the rest? No?
01-03-2011 03:09 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Other idea/suggestions:
  • (better) support for pixel perfect drawing. The font rendering/text drawing now uses this internally as it seems, but I'd like to have exposed support for drawing images at exact pixel coordinates with pixel sizes. Also, it should be possible to disable image filtering for selected images.

My current attempts with D.pixelToScreenSize(VecI2(x,y)) don't give very convincing results and the result is also position dependant just like the old font rendering used to be.
01-06-2011 08:42 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

use also the other method D.screen align
01-06-2011 09:02 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Ah, that helps, thanks. What about disabling image filtering?
01-06-2011 11:05 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Any approximate time until dx11 detail/displacement tessellation will be added? I'd really like to have this.

Have you looked at the dx11 demos over at Nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com/object/cool_stuff.html#/demos )? That Heaven demo running on Unigine or the Stone Giant (BitSquid) look amazing...
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 11:02 PM by Masterxilo.)
01-18-2011 11:02 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

not yet
01-18-2011 11:17 PM
Chris Offline

There's a good guide with plenty of sample shader code in it here:
http://developer.amd.com/gpu_assets/Real...on_GPU.pdf
01-18-2011 11:29 PM