About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Poll: Support for which platform would you like to see next?
X360
PS3
Android
Wii
Web Browsers
Linux
Other?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Platforms
Nethrix Offline

RE: Platforms
(07-07-2011 09:17 AM)Truelegend Wrote:  Linux is not for games ;/

And Esenthel when EE will be for Xbox 360 and PS3 ? And what about license ?

regardless of whether you personally think linux is for games, people want esenthel to be linux compatible. Whether that competes with peoples desire for other platforms has yet to be seen. but to say that linux is not for gaming is not your decision to make and is infact up to the community that request it.
07-07-2011 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Truelegend Offline

ehhh ;/

Linux is really system for Servers/Hacking/And Programming. But really not for games. Ok you like Linux to have Games. But Idea of Linux is not to have Games ;/
07-07-2011 05:33 PM
Zervox Offline

(07-07-2011 05:33 PM)Truelegend Wrote:  ehhh ;/

Linux is really system for Servers/Hacking/And Programming. But really not for games. Ok you like Linux to have Games. But Idea of Linux is not to have Games ;/

Ok, so it can only be used for Servers, hacking and Programming? are you really that short minded?

Mac's can be used for Servers, hacking, programming and games, so can linux, and so can Windows. and the idea of Linux is to do whatever you want with it. The idea of Linux is not for games is your made up idea.

Although I don't like Linux that much, it is still very much able to run games. Why do you think Valve ported their source engine to be able to use in Linux? and of course with Steam to port for linux?

in fact with the idea of linux not to run games, pretty much means that you are saying that ,Mac|Phones/Smart Phones|Web browsers aren't meant to have games.
Mac originally many people think is only for Photo/Video editing, Phones and so on original ideas was to just make phone calls and text messaging, Web browsers was meant to well browse the internet.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011 06:35 PM by Zervox.)
07-07-2011 06:28 PM
sythe Offline

Linux is, without a doubt, a good platform for gaming.
The Humble Indie Bundle, for example, made twice the amount of money per sale for Linux, than for Windows/OSX, see: http://i.downloadsquad.switched.com/2010...lly-viabl/
Numerous other reasons for Linux support are listed in a similar thread, relating to another engine: http://www.neoaxis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5408

Lastly, it's an untapped market for gaming!
07-07-2011 07:00 PM
Tottel Offline

Offtopic

Sythe: Not really. The average Linux-user gave MORE money per bundle. But all-in-all, they still got most of their money from Windows-users.
07-08-2011 04:01 PM
runewake2 Offline

Look at the conflict I started... and look Linux has jumped up 4%! I guess I was wrong.

I personally only use Linux for programming, web design and web browsing. Sense I have windows I prefer it. For the moment DirectX is superior to OpenGL. Though that might change over time, for the moment Windows is a better platform for gaming simply because of DirectX support, at least, in my opinion.
07-08-2011 04:21 PM