About Store Forum Documentation Contact

lipSync
Wallomedia Offline

lipSync
Hello,
is there a feature like lipsync built in esenthel?
Or do I have to implement it myself?

Another question:
When are you going to implement softbody physx? would be much more efficient and simple than my current solution.
First I tried using actors and joints for physical grass and plants.Too slow and looked somehow wierd.
Next thing I tried was implementing nvidia softbody physx myself. Spend several days to get the whole thing done, but the problem is, that it is too slow.
This is what I want:
Creating a forest with many plants, trees and grass. Everything should bend on the wind.But the most important thing is that the player can run through the grass and plants (or climbing trees) which will react physically correct.
I am still trying to do it myself but built in support would make my life really easier.

PS: I am currently planning a commercial project and I am definetly going to use esenthel because it is definetly on of the best engines you can get(and 100% next gen). It can mess with the most famous engines(Unreal engine 3 : 350 000$ :shock: <- monthly pocket money lol ). What I want to say: You can expect to get a new client until next three month .
08-27-2009 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

Re: lipSync
Hello,

Quote:is there a feature like lipsync built in esenthel?
Or do I have to implement it myself?
you need to do it by yourself, but this should be that hard with some effort to manually place some time markers.

like having text "hello world" you can keep in memory the time position of each word start in the audio track
like "hello" starts 0.0 sec, ends 0.5 sec
"world" starts 1.0 sec ends 1.5 sec

and when having each word position and duration you can blend lips animations for pregenerated vowels/letters "h" "e" "l" "o"

Quote:When are you going to implement softbody physx? Spend several days to get the whole thing done, but the problem is, that it is too slow.
not any time soon, but if you noticed that physx softbody is slow, then you could expect the same speed when physx softbodies would be implemented into the engine.

Thanks for your opinion, if you like the engine please consider writing a short review on devmaster to help promote it <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.devmaster.net/engines/engine_details.php?id=600">http://www.devmaster.net/engines/engine ... php?id=600</a><!-- m -->
08-29-2009 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply