Please =/
10-08-2011 12:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TBJokers Offline

RE: RakNet Tutorial
What do you mean? Could you explain?

Man, it's always that semicolon...
10-08-2011 08:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agnostic Offline

For example, when i send a chat message, how to obtain the username or nickname to send:
(PLAYERNAME + MSG);

Or HP / EXP to draw a GUI bar.
10-08-2011 10:48 PM
TBJokers Offline

First of all you would need to add a nickname function. I don't think you want the username as the players nickname, that could go wrong. But you can use the username i guess. And there you would have too look on the code, And you'd see where the client sends "Username, Password" to the server to see how it's defined. Now you remember the Username. And then you set a custom code infront of the message one. Don't know how it's built haven't looked over it quite yet. As i guess there are ("") Where the message will go. There you can add you (""GetPlayerName:")

Also with the HP / EXP thing. I guess reaknet tutorial haven't gotten that far. But you would need to do some function that calculates the EXP amount you have, and what you need. Then you would need to use them on eachother. if(EXPAmount < EXPNEEDED) { Draw EXP} Just an example.

Man, it's always that semicolon...
10-10-2011 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agnostic Offline

This tutorial don't work with the new version of Esenthel =/
Updated the engine.pak and nothing >.<
12-28-2011 07:15 PM
Dynad Offline

The EE headers are probably changed in the meantime, you have to update the project yourself to the latest version.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2011 07:57 PM by Dynad.)
12-28-2011 07:56 PM
Agnostic Offline

Debug:
Code:
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\EsenthelEngineSDK\Raknet\Debug\Tikal Online.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d8thk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\D3DX9_40.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\xinput1_3.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput8.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dsound.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ws2_32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\IPHLPAPI.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winnsi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MMDevAPI.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\propsys.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x5534) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\AudioSes.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumdx32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WSHTCPIP.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nlaapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NapiNSP.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FWPUCLNT.DLL', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rasadhlp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\EsenthelEngineSDK\Raknet\Debug\PhysXLoader.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Tikal Online.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common\PhysXUpdateLoader.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
First-chance exception at 0x02de2eff in Tikal Online.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xe7cf2345.
Unhandled exception at 0x76fe15ee in Tikal Online.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xe7cf2345.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 06:43 AM by Agnostic.)
12-29-2011 06:43 AM
Dynad Offline

That doesn't say anything then there is a corrupt function call. Just add some breakpoints in your project where you think it goes wrong...

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
12-29-2011 04:21 PM
Zervox Offline

Updated

Source + VS2010

- Updated to Raknet 4.036 - Latest EE
- Fixes quite a few potential memory leaks
- Restructuring in mostly all projects and files
- Fixed a few possible crash|freeze causes
- added forced client speed settings(simple example on a weak security measure)
- Very basic Gui version of MP server(Not DB Server example) with dropdown box for certain commands.
*Connected player lists - kick - ban, change map -clear messages -sendmessage
02-21-2012 10:46 AM
TTAY24 Offline

does anyone have an updated version of this? I know that most of y'all just recommend making something from scratch using RakNet, but I wanted to see these examples in action.

I know there were a couple name changes regarding some data types and functions, but I still couldn't get the GUI server to compile. It had something to do with the binary search taking an bool, but the actual function asks for an integer. Something along those lines. I'll post the actual compilation error if necessary, but I am not currently on my computer. Just curious if anyone has had this problem/solved it.

I'm running visual studio 2010 and using the release in the post directly above mine.
Thanks guys
01-06-2013 09:38 PM
Zervox Offline

It's related to chat messages, compare it to EE Chatbox tutorial.
Tutorials\Source\Advanced\1 - Geometry, Graphics, Gui, Misc, Net, Sound\Gui\Chatbox.cpp
01-06-2013 09:53 PM
Skykill Offline

It's not so hard to integrate i didn't even have look at the example for integrate it in my project, what you need is just C++ knowledge and know how RakNet and networking work, take a look at RakNet::RakPeerInterface for a client/server networking. You have working samples in RakNet wink.
01-06-2013 09:56 PM
Zervox Offline

(01-06-2013 09:56 PM)Skykill Wrote:  It's not so hard to integrate i didn't even have look at the example for integrate it in my project, what you need is just C++ knowledge and know how RakNet and networking work, take a look at RakNet::RakPeerInterface for a client/server networking. You have working samples in RakNet wink.

Of course it isn't hard to integrate the two, but he just wants to see the RakNet Tutorial example projects in action.wink
01-07-2013 12:19 AM
TTAY24 Offline

Oh, yes, I have a basic understanding of implementing the two. As Zervox said, i just wanted to see this example running. I've only recently in the past 2 months been messing with SDL_Net and SDL. So I have basic understanding of the networking aspect of things, but as far as thinking about animations, I could just see my guys sliding around the map as opposed to running. In 2D all I had to worry about was position and frame number, but I'm not 100% if that stands true for 3D. I wanted to see this in action with the code so I could figure all that kind of stuff out.

Okay I got it down to 1 compile error. The chatbox tutorial you told me to look at was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: MPServerGUI, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Build started 1/7/2013 11:45:42 AM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "Release\MPServerGUI.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1>  All outputs are up-to-date.
1>  Messagebox.cpp
1>EsenthelEngine.lib(Socket.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GetAdaptersInfo@8
1>MPServerGUI.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.59
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
I'm assuming this is a linking error of some sort? I'm not quite sure. I usually use codeblocks, but I've recently been trying to move over to visual studio.

When I opened up the project, I didn't mess with any linker settings or anything of that sort. Not sure if I was supposed to or not. I put the RakNet lib folder in my EsenthelSDK folder, cause I think that's what the first post said?
It's also outside of that directory as well.

Thanks for the help and quick reply guys!
01-07-2013 06:54 PM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

You need to include "Iphlpapi.lib" in your project settings in VS
Please see "Linker" section in http://www.esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?t...ual_Studio
01-07-2013 10:09 PM