Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Blending Textures
in world editor material brush there is scale button
12-23-2011 10:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abril Offline

(12-23-2011 10:56 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  in world editor material brush there is scale button

Ok... please take this as a constructvie criticism aimed at improving the Tools: it is very counter intuitive that:

a) Such an important material property as material scale, is not visible or accessible through the material editor, especially because this scale setting is stored per-material...
b) Having to go to the world editor, having to create and paint a block of terrain with materials to change or even find out what scale is applied to theose materials. It is also very hard to enter exact numbers due to the way changing the scale work with having to move the mouse up and down

All these issues would be solved if you would create a numeric edit widget in the material editor where one could see and modify the scale.
Thanks...
12-27-2011 10:27 AM
Demostenes Offline
Banned

(12-27-2011 10:27 AM)Abril Wrote:  a) Such an important material property as material scale, is not visible or accessible through the material editor, especially because this scale setting is stored per-material...
b) Having to go to the world editor, having to create and paint a block of terrain with materials to change or even find out what scale is applied to theose materials. It is also very hard to enter exact numbers due to the way changing the scale work with having to move the mouse up and down

All these issues would be solved if you would create a numeric edit widget in the material editor where one could see and modify the scale.
Thanks...

Exactly! Yersterday I was thinking about the same. Tiling of texture should be in material menu, ideally with constant for X and Y. Reason is simple, for example for rocks we are using tiling textures ( http://forum.mymmo.cz/quality.jpg ), because when I scale rock, I need to increase tiling value. And doing it through painting on terrain is really wierd, In a while I am lost, which material has which tiling. This really belongs to material editor.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2011 12:42 PM by Demostenes.)
12-27-2011 12:41 PM