About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Tiling texture
Jetro Offline

Tiling texture
How to make the tile texture at the object?
02-20-2010 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Masterxilo Offline

RE: Tiling texture
Scale the object's UV coordinates.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
02-20-2010 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jetro Offline

If I scale object's UV coordinates, then it turns

Attached File(s) Image(s)

02-20-2010 03:45 PM
Masterxilo Offline

Do it in a modeling app only on the faces you need to. Or do it in code only on the faces you have to.

System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Q6600 2.4 GHZ, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 260 GTX 896 MB DDR3

Visit my site: hurricane-eye.webs.com
And read my blog: hurricane-eyeent.blogspot.com
02-20-2010 05:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jetro Offline

And can you tell how to do it in code?
02-20-2010 05:32 PM
Sarrene Offline

If you are using something like 3ds max, you can use the Face (or equlivent) tool to select the area you want to apply the new side to.

Open up your mesh and convert it to an Editable Mesh. choose the Face tool, holding down ctrl you can select multiple faces (your entire side). OPen up the material window (M is the shortcut in 3ds max) drag and drop your brick texture to the first blank window (usually an orb by default), then drag that texture over to the area you have highlighted.

From there you will see your Blinn basic parameters below the materials. I think it is the second or third section by default. Click the M in the little box next to diffuse and you can then adjust the texture. How it lays, the tiling size, the angle, etc.

Another trick is to remove those faces and create a new billbard. Attach it to the wall for the edge and add your texture that way. Then you can fuse the sides to create one model. It will keep the texture for that side.

I think you can do the same thing in a similar way in other 3d modeling programs, though I am not 100% sure.

Once you have the side of the model as you want it, export it as usual.

Coding wise, that I have no idea. I am sure someone here will know however. That is something I would be interested in knowing as well.

I hope that helped somewhat.
Peace,
Sarrene'
02-20-2010 10:51 PM
Jetro Offline

The fact that I was doing the editor, so I need to do it in code.
02-21-2010 06:26 AM
Jetro Offline

So, it really done in the code?
02-23-2010 09:10 AM