Glass Windows
higgsison Offline

Glass Windows
anyone knows how to create glass?
02-26-2010 08:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kevin Offline

RE: Glass Windows
That's what I'm missing among the engine features. Because the engine uses deferred rendering it isn't that easy to implement transparency.

But according to wikipedia it can be done with "depth peeling":

Quote:One key disadvantage of deferred rendering is the inability to handle transparency within the algorithm, although this problem is a generic one in Z-buffered scenes and it tends to be handled by delaying and sorting the rendering of transparent portions of the scene.[1] Depth peeling can be used to achieve order-independent transparency in deferred rendering, but at the cost of additional batches and g-buffer size. Modern hardware, supporting DirectX 10 and later, is often capable of performing batches fast enough to maintain interactive frame rates. When order-independent transparency is desired (commonly for consumer applications) deferred shading is no less effective than forward shading using the same technique.

I'm looking forward, that it is soon implemented wink

regards,
Kevin
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2010 10:17 PM by Kevin.)
02-26-2010 10:17 PM
Barthap Offline

I make glass material in ME using alpha blending. In material editor I set tech: blend and set Alpha (A) slider and some other sliders an I have glass material. It isnt very realistic but I dont need better smile
02-27-2010 11:26 AM
higgsison Offline

Thanks for the answers, I ll try it with blend :-)
And waiting for DirectX10 support.
02-27-2010 03:12 PM