About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Massiv status
Demi Offline

Massiv status
Hi everyone,

Since you asked for update, smile

Today I finally achieved a milestone with Massiv. (a multiserver, multi-threaded streaming OOM(Object Oriented Messaging) MMORPG middleware engine with a built in database and built in load balancing)

The original code would not compile at all. It was just full of errors when trying to compile in Visual Studio. The second release would not link to any of the other programs because cryptopp lib was incomplete. The makgen files were not configured right. I finally managed to get the right file order into makgen and got that working to compile.

Well, it was all wonderful until I ran the master server last night. lol.

It would throw exception when I started the servers. After hours and hours of tracing code I finally fixed the RSA crash in the core library. The stack was being written over by a function call in massiv_rsa.cpp to create a hash key. I decided to just leave the secondary hash out as it was just scrambling the random time hash again. I will look into it later as it is not that unsecured. It still encrypts communications and will require considerable amount of hacking to bypass it. I traced that bugger for hours though.smile

Then there was the configuration issues since the package is missing a number of script files so I had to work through that. Good thing this package is well documented.

Now that I have the original demo servers and client working I thought I would give a screen of that progress.

http://www.whrenonline.com/screenshots/s...client.jpg

The executables are very small. (under 4 MEG)

This milestone achieved will now allow me to port the demo game to the game engine. I am choosing to test Esenthel Engine SDK.
04-18-2010 02:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Massiv status
looks nice, good luck smile
04-18-2010 04:49 AM
Mikesanimation Offline

Sweet! Are you planning on going commercial with the game that you will develop? Does Massiv allow for you to do that?
04-19-2010 04:06 AM
Demi Offline

The LGPL does allow that. I have to release the library fixes code back to the public domain though so others can use it. smile
04-19-2010 10:29 AM
iamcreasy Offline

(04-19-2010 10:29 AM)Demi Wrote:  The LGPL does allow that. I have to release the library fixes code back to the public domain though so others can use it. smile

cheers...

Actually, im new this kind of networking stuff.So, it is not easy for me to catch up with...even it is properly working...

so, would you mind writing up a brief guide line?
04-19-2010 02:53 PM
Demi Offline

I am not sure I understand what you need here. Do you need a guide to use the library or a guide on the LPGL License?
04-19-2010 11:36 PM
Demi Offline

Err,, Well .. I am going to make some changes to this and get back to ya. There are a few things that need fixed. I am probably going to change the server out. I will be back in a few weeks.
04-20-2010 03:07 AM