About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Animation Problem
herb Offline

Animation Problem
I'm new to Esenthel and I'm trying to get some of my models animating. So, in the tutorial "01-Animation.cpp" I put my model in to replace the walking skeleton (so my guy is walking when the space bar is hit).

Here's my problem... When I hit and hold the space bar at the beginning of the program the model will animate the whole animation (about 4 seconds) and then just freezes position. If I hit space again it goes to the initial (or last) frame of the animation again and freezes.

If I run the program again and wait 4 seconds, there's no walking, just the freezing in the model in one of the walking animation frames.

I would think it's this line:

cskel.animate(L"../data/wow/warrior_Walk.anim", Time.time());

It's like time gets big enough that it's not animating anymore... Not sure what's going on as the skeleton model doesn't have this problem.

Can anyone give me some advice?? Thanks in advance.
04-20-2010 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Animation Problem
maybe you need to set your animation as "looped" in the mesh editor?
04-20-2010 06:17 PM
herb Offline

RE: Animation Problem
Thanks for the tip. I bet that's it. I'll give it a try and see if it that fixes it. I was thinking it couldn't be that hard. smile Still trying to get used to the new toolset, but I'm liking it. Thanks for all the tutorials done with code snippets, as they are very helpful.
04-21-2010 01:31 AM