About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Distorted Mesh
iamcreasy Offline

Distorted Mesh
I was checking how to handle the basic stuffs in EE.But i am facing a lots of problem.

1.I just made a quick and dirty Small dino model with a simple animation for testing.Then i found out that the skeleton is being distorted while i take it in the Mesh Editor and there are some serious difference about how things(like which bond gets which part skin binding etc etc).(attached pic)

I was not good at rigging or animation in Maya, so i decided just to export the model and rig and animate it inside the Mesh Editor.

I soon found out the rigging and animating part in the Mesh Editor lacks a lot...and without good documentation i was totally lost.But somehow, figured out how to do stuff...though, not all.

Now, I saved the mesh, mtrl, skel and anim in a folder(named : ../0bj/EE_final/dino.mesh...) which i copied inside the "Obj" folder of EE SDK and tested with EE(which i failed, im coming on it later)

later when I corrected all the mesh, skel, anim etc etc and tried to check with EE again...while putting the dino files(mesh, mtrl, skel etc) else where.But now Engine says that It is looking for something "..obj/EE_final/dino.mtrl"..!
why it would be?Moreover when I have deleted and replaced the SDK folder with another version.

Does the mesh file has some way of containing the absolute(not relative) path of it's material file?(I am missing somthing)

I was solved this problem by making the requested folder hierarchy inside the D:\dino folder.

I had D:\dino\dino.mesh, dino.mtrl, anim.skel
Then I had to create D:\dino\dino\obj\EE_final\dino.mtrl

can someone explain this Mesh Editor to EE to me?

Isn't it enough EE for to put all mesh, anim etc etc files inside a single folder?

I am also a little confused about the mtrl file.Doesn't every model should have a mtrl file associated with itself?

-------------------------------------------------------
Now, another problem was I found a very distorted mesh...no skeleton..nothing.

The code and assets are attached below.

I am totally messed up... :(

Attached File(s) Image(s)

.rar  EE_test.rar (Size: 398.91 KB / Downloads: 4)
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2010 04:28 PM by iamcreasy.)
05-25-2010 04:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rofar Offline

RE: Distorted Mesh
Not sure what your original mesh format is but I have tried to import b3d and x formats with skeletons and not had any luck with the bones. They are always distorted after import. Figured I would post about it at some point but it's not something that I really have to be doing right now so it's not a high priority for me.
05-25-2010 11:18 PM
iamcreasy Offline

RE: Distorted Mesh
Original format is Collada, using OpenCOLLADA.

(05-25-2010 11:18 PM)Rofar Wrote:  it's not something that I really have to be doing right now so it's not a high priority for me.

But you will need it one day...right?
05-25-2010 11:26 PM