About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Issues with importing animations from 3dmax
Aniketos Offline

Issues with importing animations from 3dmax
I have a strange issue while importing from max my animation and model are not up straight but are flat on the ground? Like this:

I used the DEA (plugin version) with configuration posted on the wiki. Plz help smile

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
05-27-2010 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Issues with importing animations from 3dmax
you need to set custom animation files for chr
05-27-2010 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

Yes we did, we made a skeleton like wiki and an animation. exported to DAE and imported in the mesh editor.

We used the tutorial character animations -> attack.set(cskel,"anim/test.anim");

We have a similar problem like this:
http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...animations

Ill check this out..

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 03:50 PM by Dynad.)
05-27-2010 03:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aniketos Offline

(05-27-2010 03:28 PM)Esenthel Wrote:  you need to set custom animation files for chr

It has custom animations I rather think it's something else while exporting or importing. Seeing as it's exactly 90 degree and its the same in the mesh viewer. Is it possible to rotate everything in the viewer, code wise or while exporting or something ?

05-28-2010 12:32 AM
Harry Offline

Well, maybe try this:

- load mesh and skel files
- in mesh mode use combnation of buttons ctrl+x or ctrl+y or ctrl+z to rotate your mesh (skeleton will rotate too)
- save both files
05-28-2010 09:17 AM
Aniketos Offline

(05-28-2010 09:17 AM)Harry Wrote:  Well, maybe try this:

- load mesh and skel files
- in mesh mode use combnation of buttons ctrl+x or ctrl+y or ctrl+z to rotate your mesh (skeleton will rotate too)
- save both files

I don't think that's it. I did some more testing and it turned the Skeleton and Mesh are in the right position in Mesh Editor:

Its when we look at the animation that it all gets messed up:

And I noticed it's also varies in rotation and orientation of movement based on what direction the animation is made in max. In the screen shot I just quickly made an animation in max and moved it forward with some simple foot hands movement.

I noticed that during the animation in max my character moved on the line via X while in Mesh Editor he moved in a line down on Z axis if i'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Found an solution by using different exporter plugins and exporting it in X format.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2010 01:45 PM by Aniketos.)
05-28-2010 12:31 PM