About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Actor Limit?
Tooshar Offline

Actor Limit?
Well I'm looking for a good engine and happened across esenthel, it appears to be a very good engine, but I was told by a friend of mine, that he had serious problems getting more than 10 actors onscreen at a time,
And that he had performance issues, ie it was laggy and kinda of slow, are these fixed now? This looks like the engine I want to use, but its I need to be able to field a large number of actors and I cant have slow performance.
06-11-2010 03:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Driklyn Offline

RE: Actor Limit?
I suppose it all depends on what kind of computer you are using and the graphical quality settings, but I managed to get 200 animated characters on screen at about 30FPS. http://esenthel.com/community/showthread...8#pid14398
06-11-2010 05:53 AM
Tooshar Offline

ah very nice, looks like we can definitely work with this, now I just need to start working through the documentation, I'm usually a jump in with both feet and play till something breaks,

So I gotta go figure out what I'm doing wrong grin

Speaking of which, is there a full documentation set I can print out somewhere?

Also, I'm trying to work through the tutorials, and I'm getting this build error
e:\esenthelenginesdk\tutorials\stdafx.h(2) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'EsenthelEngine/EsenthelEngine.h': No such file or directory

Whenever I try to build a new tutorial, with the new .cpp files, as well as c++ 2008 express saying the project is out of date, any hints?
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 06:32 AM by Tooshar.)
06-11-2010 06:26 AM
Dynad Offline

U have to include the headers and lib files in your project configuration.

check here http://esenthel.com/wiki/index.php?title...stallation

U need to rebuild your project when its out of date wink

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2010 04:34 PM by Dynad.)
06-11-2010 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply