script ^^
italiancrazy Offline

script ^^
hello to all...
i need some script and mini [TUT] how can use and how can insert ^^

SCRIPTs:
1. level up system (how can created it)
2. quest (how can created it)

p.s. some people tell me that i can use c++ scripts for this... where i can find? how i can use? how i insert in the game?

thanks more to all ^^
09-02-2010 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dynad Offline

RE: script ^^
First of all; EE is an game engine.. yes thats true but that doesn't mean that everything is programmed and ready for you like plug and play stuff. You need to program everything whats not in the tutorials yourself.

For scripting you can use LUA there is a small tutorial in the wiki how to compile the lua lib with the engine smile

If you don't have any knowledge about c# or c++ it will be kinda hard to start an MMO "Ive seen your post about MMORPG somewhere on the forum". Especially the net code will be far from simple.

In your case i should make an simple small game to learn how EE works. If you have a programmer in your team then you need to draft your game elements on paper first about what u want: how the game elements works, how everything is connected to each other (e.g gameclasses) and Client<->Server infrastructure.

But of course we can help you out when your stuck with something but you need to do it yourself wink

~Dynad

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-02-2010 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tottel Offline

If you don't even know what C++ is, then I think you have some serious problems if you want to start your own MMORPG.

I suggest you go through all of these articles: http://www.devmaster.net/articles/intro-.../part1.php

See what C++ is; learn some; then decide you want to start with something simpler.

And about those tutorials: EE has many, you can find them in the tutorial folder. You will need Microsoft Visual Studio, in order to do something with them.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2010 02:57 PM by Tottel.)
09-02-2010 02:56 PM
italiancrazy Offline

thanks guy... but i need to learn all c++ language? =(
not existed one simple code that i can modify???
09-02-2010 10:13 PM
Zervox Offline

Are you new to game developing in general? It seems you are, then I would seriously recommend you to learn c++ atleast the basics to use it.
09-02-2010 10:27 PM
Tottel Offline

I don't think you understand what coding is; don't ever say that to an experienced coder... grin

Coding is probably the hardest thing you'll come across in game development. I once heard it takes about 10 years to master coding, and I would say it's correct.

Yes, there IS some simple code you can modify, but don't expect to do miracles with it. You can't make a game with just a few modifications.

Now please, read the documentation included within your EsenthelEngineSDK folder.
You can start with some very basic coding samples that are included, that'll give you an idea of what coding is.
09-02-2010 10:31 PM
italiancrazy Offline

(09-02-2010 10:31 PM)Tottel Wrote:  Now please, read the documentation included within your EsenthelEngineSDK folder.
You can start with some very basic coding samples that are included, that'll give you an idea of what coding is.

tnx ^^
09-02-2010 10:50 PM