About Store Forum Documentation Contact

council
italiancrazy Offline

council
hello to all people!
i want create one game online and i need advice!

you think it is better to create a MMorpg or simple game online with characters that massacre between them with glasses, chains, stiks and others?
(in third person!)
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2010 09:57 PM by italiancrazy.)
09-04-2010 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Harry Offline

RE: council
I think that for you the best option is simple online game, because as I can see you're a begginer. But if I hadn't to choose between MMOrpg and simple online game I would advise you game like Bloody Massacre to have a good start.
09-04-2010 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
italiancrazy Offline

i have downloaded... now i see the codes ^^
09-04-2010 10:54 PM
Chris Offline

Haha, I guess this is entertainment. But we all start somewhere.
People have given you good advice on this forum:

Copy RunicGames, for example; they made the game Torchlight. Start of with a simple single player game; make it fun. Then add co-opp support so you can play with friends (Torchlight II). Once you have done this, you can ride off the success and hopefully extend it to an MMO (Torchlight MMO) if its good. For small teams, I find Runic an excellent example to follow - plus they're happy to document their progress in the forums/ dev blogs.

Also, this is a good idea for you as Esenthel plans multi-player later in his roadmap; http://www.esenthel.com/community/showth...p?tid=1507

The time it takes for Esenthel to get through that roadmap and finish multiplayer will be good for you to focus on learning to use the engine, and C++. But don't let this discourage you from making a MMO immediately, some people learn fastest in failing. But yeah, study bloody masacre, and try to combine some of the tutorials; e.g. "17 - Camera Collisions" with "03 - World with Character" in Source\Advanced\4 - Demos, Game Basics\Game Basics
09-04-2010 11:28 PM
italiancrazy Offline

O.O is fantastic!!!!!!
he have maded this mmorpg with esenthel engine?
i very powerfull ee!!
can i download source of Torchlight?
09-05-2010 12:41 PM
Dynad Offline

No Torchlight is not free its a commercial product. The game is made by a few people in Ogre3D that means its made with a open source 3D engine. But those guys are very experienced programmers and are the makers of Diablo 1&2 (not sure if both).

But anyway just start simple.

There is always evil somewhere, you just have to look for it properly.
09-05-2010 02:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
italiancrazy Offline

ok ^^...
09-05-2010 03:38 PM
MrPi Offline

From your questions in this forum my advice to you is to go even simpler. You need to learn the basics of programming before you even slightly come close to finishing your own game. Get some C++ courses and enjoy the language by studying the mostly theoretical and boring examples provided in books. Make simple windows applications first, play around with everything. Then you can start with some 3D basics. After that, if you're still enjoying it all, you can think about creating a game. Creating a game is not just copying codes provided by Esenthel with the engine.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2010 11:27 AM by MrPi.)
09-06-2010 11:27 AM
Yurci Offline

U must learn or buy or find someone to make you're own models. Animate them. Make dialogs and sounds. It's a lot of work (I'm making shooter about polish September campaign and i read a lot of stuff about Westerplatte, polish infantry and look thousand of pictures to make realistic virtual world. it's quite fun, but take a lot of time.)
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2010 06:27 PM by Yurci.)
09-06-2010 06:26 PM
Driklyn Offline

(09-04-2010 11:28 PM)Chris Wrote:  Then add co-opp support so you can play with friends (Torchlight II).

Shocker! I was unaware of Torchlight 2. Played most of the first one and thought it was pretty good. Sounds like it'll be even more fun with friends! Thanks for this news...
09-08-2010 06:57 AM
Dynad Offline

Well they are even planning to release Torchlight 3 before Diablo 3 pfft

09-08-2010 08:46 AM
Driklyn Offline

Haha.. Diablo 3 is really that far off? Bummer...
09-08-2010 08:54 AM
Zervox Offline

Dungeon Siege 3 wink
09-08-2010 09:11 AM
Dynad Offline

Well i play Titan Quest in the meanwhile wink

09-08-2010 01:22 PM