About Store Forum Documentation Contact

Material User Type Enum
fatcoder Offline

Material User Type Enum
I cannot seem to figure out how to get the Material User Type Enum selection in the Material Editor to work. When I click on the drop down list, it shows nothing, like the list is empty. I've checked the enum header files and they appear to all be set up correctly and the material user type header file contains a whole list of types. They just don't show up in the Material Editor. Any ideas on what I should try?
09-26-2010 09:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

RE: Material User Type Enum
you should have material_user_type.enum.h in your Data\Enum
check the SDK data layout
path.txt in tools should point to your data folder
09-26-2010 12:20 PM
fatcoder Offline

Yes I have that all set up correctly. I can reference any of the material types in my code, so I know that material_user_type.enum.h is working correctly. I can add not material types and reference those in my code too. I just cannot use them in any of the Material Editors both in WE and ME.

When I click on the drop down list, it just shows a small little shadowed bit in the bottom left corner of the drop down list field. Like it is dropping down an empty list.
09-27-2010 05:21 AM
Solimo Offline

If it works in code it does not mean that format is correct for editor. We got same problem - each enum solo file, everythin is case-sens.[/u]
09-27-2010 08:57 AM
Esenthel Offline
Administrator

I've just tested it and it works ok.
Please let me know the:
-contents of "path.txt"
-full path for "material_user_type.enum.h" including file name
-please attach "material_user_type.enum.h" here
-does World Editor or Mesh Editor when started convert "material_user_type.enum.h" to "material_user_type.enum" ?
-does also after running those tools "material_user_type.enum.h" is listed inside generated "_enums.h" ?
09-27-2010 11:52 AM
fatcoder Offline

OK, I found the problem.

The file should be material_user_type.enum not material_type.enum

I copied my Data folder from the SDK a long time ago when I started working on my project. I guess after some update the file name needed to change and I didn't notice. Anyway, I have changed the file name and it works now. Sorry to bother you with a trivial problem.
09-27-2010 01:37 PM