About Store Forum Documentation Contact

More procedurals ?
eric99 Offline

More procedurals ?
May be , it's a way to explore : Procedural generation (Forests, cities, roads, ...). I think it's a big lack, and a trap too -> Perhaps, that' why I can't find any 3d game engine that cares of it !

Just try "procedural city" on google, after many efforts you could find scripts for Blender that explode your computer if you try to design a "descent" city. pfft

Think procedural!lol
09-27-2010 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zervox Offline

RE: More procedurals ?
Yeah, I dont want my computer to explode, your wrong regarding 3d game engines not caring for procedural, mind you the reason is because procedural generation is hard to implement when you are going to advanced stuff.

Why do you think there are projects like city-engine middlewares for this exact reason?

Exactly what is a decent city for you?
09-28-2010 04:14 PM
Tottel Offline

I know of the Visual3D engine that uses procedural textures for terrain; the Outerra engine uses procedural roads, and quite some more... They do exist and they work. pfft
09-28-2010 05:10 PM
eric99 Offline

Quote:Yeah, I dont want my computer to explode, your wrong regarding 3d game engines not caring for procedural, mind you the reason is because procedural generation is hard to implement when you are going to advanced stuff.

Why do you think there are projects like city-engine middlewares for this exact reason?

Exactly what is a decent city for you?

Ok, ok, but I remember, a long time ago, there were games like :
Elite
Eilte 2

I am nostalgic of these games that can hold an entire galaxy in a 720K disk.

Sorry, I'm a dreamer pfft.
10-11-2010 11:03 PM